Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Natasha
VIP August 2017 Ontario

Extensions

Natasha, on November 15, 2016 at 20:36 Posted in Beauty 0 17
Just a question for anyone ... doesn't have to be wedding related ... just wondering if any of you beautiful ladies have ever had extensions put into your hair ?
I am having some put into my hair for the wedding and I was wondering if anyone had any tips for me ? I am not use to having that much hair or thick hair . .. Smiley love

17 Comments

Latest activity by Natasha, on November 16, 2016 at 10:33
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know I have a feeling that come the new year ... time is just going to fly by and I am going to look back and be like "oh crap where did the time go " lol

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

But it's not! barely more than 200 days!

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am super excited to have them , I will for sure post pictures once they are in !!

• Stephanielarson
    Frequent user July 2017 British Columbia
    Stephanielarson ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've had different stylist put in my hair extensions and I've definitely seen different results. You might just need to tweak how to put them in but totally understand that having your next atemot to test them out be on your wedding isn't ideal. I think you've got this all figure out. I can't wait to see pictures Smiley smile
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am quiet excited to have all that hair !! will be so muhc fun !!! i will be sure to post lots of pictures come July .... ugh feels so long to wait !

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your hairstyle is lovely! Extensions will be great to help fill things out and help hold the style Smiley smile....and you get to experiment with other syles before and after the wedding just for fun

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes mine with be the same situation. My cousin who is my stylist said I have about 6 more month of short hair, then I need to start growing it out! Lol Yes Ma'am! Lol She knows me so well and will have to force me to do it! Lol
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sounds cool!! You'll have to post pictures when you get them and tell us how it was! I'm curious now
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree, I have been growing out my hair since my FH proposed to me and my Stylist and I (she is also doing all my wedding hair) are working to get my hair the healthiest it can be, my extenstions are not so much for the length I will already have amazingly long hair it will more so be for thickness to hold my curls for the day ! Smiley heart

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

we tried the clip ins and mine literally slowly sliped out during my engagment photos Smiley cry it was not good, so my hair stylist and I have decided we must go with the nano link extensions, real hair and they will be installed and attached right to the root of my hair ... and I can keep them in my hair for up to 2 yrs if id like, just have to go in every 6 weeks to have they brought back up to my roots ! it was more on the pricey side but I really want to be pretty and iv e always wanted thick lucshious hair that holds a dang curl lol

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have posted a picture already of my ideal hair style ... i am just having a half up half down sytle, the reason for the extensions is because I have extremely thin hair that will not hold a curl more then 20 mins before falling out .... unless u use a super glue lol ... and my hair is not very full and has no body ... so in order to obtain the look i am after this was the only way!Smiley sexy My Ideal Wedding Hair Do

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am having them put in a month before the wedding, they are nano link extensions , so my roots and hair will need time to relax i guess ... i dunno Smiley atonished

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi have the same problem! Very this hair! I am getting them put in just in the back so I can have a side bun! But I will say this , and it's one of my pet peeves......... DON'T get so many extensions that it doesn't look like YOU! Ive been to weddings where the bride has short hair that walks out with a Lion's mane of hair! It always seems off-putting. If the groom has chosen you, let him see the best version of you he loves! Smiley smile Ok rant over! Lol
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Natasha Smiley heart If it's wedding related, you can definitely ask it in the community! I love long wedding hair! Extensions can definitely do that for you Smiley love As Valerie and Melissa mentionned there are different types you should look into that would more convenient for your big day. Did you already find your hairstylist? Some salons have different types of extensions for you to look into Smiley smile

• Stephanielarson
    Frequent user July 2017 British Columbia
    Stephanielarson ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been growing my hair out since Tyler proposed to me but I used to use extensions a lot!! I would definitely stick with clip in extensions. The ones fused into your hair will often show when your hairs up and mine were uncomfortable.They can also damage your hair and empty your wallet. I got my extensions from a local salon and they were just over $100. They came in a pack of 8 and had different sizes(width not lenght) that helped themblend in really well. They were super easy to put in and take out(check out youtube for tips) and i've had them for 5 years. I just wash them with shampoo and make sure to always keep them in the package they came in. If you have highlights in your hair. Your haidresser should be able to match them perfectly.

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ouuuuuu That is fun!

I've only ever used the clip in ones, and they are idiot proof (the reason I use them)....I know there are rules and care instructions, but I am sure your stylist will cover that with you.

Are you getting them to do a certain wedding hairstyle? A stunning work of art perhaps??

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've never used extensions... my hair grows to darn fast and thick as it is (it's as much a blessing as a curse, believe me!) I have a friend that uses extensions OFTEN but they are just clip in

How early before the wedding are you having them put in?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics