Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jessee-Lee
Beginner September 2018 Manitoba

Entertainment at the Reception

Jessee-Lee, on February 2, 2018 at 19:47 Posted in Wedding reception 0 15

What are fun things to do for guests who may not be drinkers or dancers?

I was thinking photo booth could be fun but only for a short while.

ideas? Smiley smile

15 Comments

Latest activity by Lina, on June 4, 2018 at 19:06
  • Lina
    Frequent user May 2018 Alberta
    Lina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I posted before with some suggestion for you to entertain your guests with. We got married on May 26, and I thought you might like to know what worked for us, and what didn't.

We did the games tables, and they where a hit during cocktail hour. It got different groups of people talking to each other that had never met before. Game boards where forgotten during the reception it's self as everyone was to busy eating and dancing. But game boards where a big success.

We also made a photo "booth". That kept lots of guests busy. We made sure that the photo booth was big enough to accommodate at lest 5 people at a time. This worked in getting more people to take photos together, and to mingle more. We also had lots of props so people kept going back for more pictures.

Since I'm Lebanese we also got a belly dance. She really got everyone on the dance floor (even the people that didn't dance where shaking a tail feather), but make sure to do your first dance, and the father/daughter, mother/son dances first.

We also had a small outdoor area for people to step out into when they needed some air.

Hope this helps. I have also posted some picture of the photo booth we set up if you need some ideas.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are going to have a photo booth and a game station for anyone who wants to get away from the dancing or if they aren't really dancers

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Any time! Let us know what you decide to go with Smiley smile

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thankfully, we had nothing planned since our guests were enjoying others company as most were dancing the whole night away.
  • Jessee-Lee
    Jessee-Lee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That could be really funny! Thank you so much for sharing the link i will check that out forsure! Smiley smile

• Jessee-Lee
    Jessee-Lee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooo! I really like the I spy idea! I was thinking of maybe doing an instagram hashtag so that could go perfectly together!!
    Guest book is likely going to be a wooden chest so not very interactive.

I will check out those links. thank you so much for your ideas! Smiley smile

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A photo booth with tons of props! You could have some table top games in a corner somewhere for people to borrow. People will also socialize and chat.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm doing madlibs for all the guests to do if they're bored at their tables. Thought it would be nice to put them in our card box so we can read them afterwards.

This website had a bunch (9 different ones). They are at the bottom with the scissors around them Smiley smile

http://somethingturquoise.com/2015/01/27/free-printable-wedding-madlibs/

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How about a photo I Spy game encouraging your guests to take pictures? What sort of guest book are you thinking of, is that something interactive?

Here are a couple more ideas you might want to check out"

5 Fun Surprises That’ll Make Your Wedding Guests Feel Like Kids Again

6 Ways to Keep the Party Going All Night Long

7 Lawn Games That’ll Keep Your Wedding Guests Entertained

How to Plan an Amazing Wedding Reception

• Lina
    Lina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We also have a lot of friends that like board game so this was an idea that we where throwing around. I'm glad that this suggestion helped.

• Jessee-Lee
    Jessee-Lee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Games and tournaments also sounds like a great idea! I know a few people who would definitely enjoy that! Thank you so much for the ideas! Smiley smile
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Your welcome
  • Lina
    Lina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A few game based on your theme maybe good. Or setup some board games and do a mini tournament with prizes for the winners. For your quiet guests you can try setting up a little reading corner, or a cafe style area where they can talk quietly/drink coffee in peace (if you have the space).

• Jessee-Lee
    Jessee-Lee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That sounds like a really fun idea, I would really enjoy reading the answers! Thanks for sharing!

• Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have decided to put on the tables a quick little fill in the blanks. It's theme is advice for the couple, but it's preprinted, and in the blank spots you put in what ever word it calls for, be it a noun, verb, or adjectives. It's a little bit of fun and we plan on reading some out.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics