Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Devoted November 2019 Quebec

Engagment photos

Rebecca, on June 2, 2019 at 14:42 Posted in Before the wedding 0 8

My fiancé and I are trying to decide if we should get engagement photos done. We got engaged in March and our wedding is in November. With our engagement being a few months away from our wedding we are not sure if its really worth it, and that the money would be better spent on the actual wedding.

Did anyone skip the engagement photos?

What do you guys think?

I love hearing other people opinions on wedding matters it's so interesting to me.

8 Comments

Latest activity by Madisyn, on June 3, 2019 at 16:34
  • Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We aren't doing engagement photos and we are totally okay going without! We know that the photos we will cherish most are from the wedding. There is an argument to be made if you want to get used to the photographer ahead of the wedding. Since we are getting married at a resort and we don't have access to our wedding photographer now, that isn't a determining factor for us.
  • R
    Devoted November 2019 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks guys maybe once I find my photographer (which is a whole other story lol) I'll do the engagement photos. Never realized it allows you to meet them and get use to them also.

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say it's a good idea to do engagement pics! Ours were included in our wedding photo package.

a) It gives you time to meet the photographer, get to know their style, get comfortable in front of the camera etc.

b) It's actually fun! And you get cute pictures out of it!

I was pretty nervous doing pictures, but our photographer was amazing. She made us laugh. She was soooo good and made us feel so comfortable. Honestly, this is not something I would want to be experimenting with on my wedding date.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I mean, if they are included with your photography package then I say do them! If not - I mean you could look into getting them done for cheap but if nothing turns up then skipping them would be quite all right.

I got engaged in December 2017, E-pics in November 2018, and wedding in October 2019. Mine were taken a year late and I didn't care. Just like if you want them - maybe get a friend with a good camera or even cell phone! If not, don't sweat it, a simple selfie to commemorate it is completely fine. (That's what I have from the actual proposal.)

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Are you planning on sending save the dates with the picture then I would get them done.
    Our engagement pictures were included in the package. For us I would have done it either way because FH has never really gotten many pictures done, and together we have never had any professionally done. So this was our trial before the wedding.
    It also gave us a chance to work with our photographers and start making that connection before the wedding day! So now we are super comfortable with them and know our day will go smoothly
  • Claire
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will not be having engagement photos. We did our save the dates with our photo that was just taken by my phone and we thought we will opt for a professional one.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We paid extra for our engagement photos and we are so glad we did.

our families both love the photos and we are including some on our wedding day!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our engagement photos were included in our package. We got engaged in October and married in July but had our engagement photos in May since I didn’t want winter photos. We didn’t have any printed. I shared a few on posts here and changed my social media pictures to an engagement shot but that’s all we did. It was nice to get to know our photographers before the big day-to see how they shot and what poses we would have to do. From that, they got to know what we were comfortable with and didn’t repeat some of those poses on our wedding day.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics