Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Meghan
Devoted April 2019 Ontario

Engagement ring during ceremony?

Meghan, on March 29, 2019 at 09:54 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 20
I feel like I should know the answer to this already....but are you supposed to wear your engagement ring during the ceremony?

20 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on April 15, 2019 at 10:32
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will be wearing mine on my right hand and I will leave it there for the night.. I will switch them the following day.. adds some more bling to my jewellery for the day if I wear a ring on each hand

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh this is a great idea to switch them when signing the papers!! I might steal this!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Originally I had this all planned out..I'd wear it on my right hand with his grandmothers wedding band (they are a matching set, I have her engagement ring) but then I bought my wedding band which is an enhancer, it has two bands and my engagement ring fits inbetween the two. So now I have to figure something else out! My FH may have to put both on me during the ring exchange.
  • Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I plan to wear my engagement ring as I normally would and then my FH will place my wedding band on my finger and when we go to sign the papers I will switch them around Smiley smile

• J
    Newbie June 2019 Quebec
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My minister wants me to wear it on my left hand and to put my wedding band at the right time on top of it. After the signatures, i'll have to put the engagement rint on top of the wedding band
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think most people wear it on their right hand if it fits, and if not, then you can have your MOH hold onto it for you.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As of right now I was thinking of wearing it on my right hand (it's technically the correct hand for Ukrainians!), and then switching it when he puts the wedding band on my left hand. Some people think it's bad luck though so maybe I will just keep both together?

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My plan was to wear it on my right hand until after the ceremony. I forgot though. And during the opening prayer switched it to my right hand.
    I have seen it done where the wedding band goes on top and gets switched (or not) to the bottom after.
    Ive also seen it done where the groom puts on both the wedding band and the engagement ring during the ceremony
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its all about how you feel to proceed to go about the rings. Its been done to get the wedding band to fit the engagement ring fitting.

The ring itself can be removed if chosen for the ring to be worn is a proper size that will fit your finger. Its your decision and choice made on the ring when purchasing.

• Jenn
    Frequent user April 2019 Saskatchewan
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have wondered this same thing... I'm glad I'm not alone in this one! Smiley winking
    I had figured I'd just wear it as usual and add the band during the ceremony. I do prefer the look of it on second.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm 99% sure I'll be wearing it on my right hand during the ceremony and quickly switch it back before the photos.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm going to wear it on my right hand during the ceremony and then put both rings together as soon as the ceremony is done but it's one of those things where people just do whatever they prefer.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ditto this!

Except no soldering... hahah!

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Im wearing mine- and my FH will put the wedding band on top. It will help him know which finger to put it on haha

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'll be wearing mine on the left, because it won't fit on my right lol! My wedding band will go above the engagement ring at the ceremony, but I'll quickly change the order before we start getting photos done after our ceremony.

At some point after the wedding, I'll be getting my rings soldered together since my rings fit together in a unique way

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is exactly what I was planning!

We are doing a first look before the ceremony, so I am going to keep in on my left hand to start and then transfer over for the ceremony.

• Elizabeth
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was wondering this too for awhile but I figured I'll wear mine during the wedding. With the way my wedding band sits it will look nice above my engagement ring.

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ah ok thanks! I didn't realize you could do whatever Smiley smile that makes it a lot easier!!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think this comes down to your choice. You can not wear it at all, wear it on the right hand, or keep it on your left.

for me personally, I’m going to keep mine on my left and move the band behind my engagement ring once the ceremony is done.
  • K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wore mine on my right hand during the ceremony, then after the ceremony I transferred it back to my left hand above the new wedding band Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics