Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Engagement ring doesn't fit?

Joey, on September 26, 2019 at 08:05 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 15

If your ring didn't fit at first, what did you do?

Get it resized right away?

Wear it for a few weeks to show it off first (maybe on a different finger) then get it sized?

Add sizing beads or a ring guard?

Engagement ring doesn't fit? 1

Photo by Maigan Cowen Photography in London

15 Comments

Latest activity by BunnyBride, on September 29, 2019 at 11:22
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mine was WAY too big. My fiance had the right idea to sneak into my jewellery stash to get a size from a ring...unfortunately, he picked the only thumb ring of the entire stash. Smiley xd

We tried to get it resized, but they called us and said, with the particular cut of the gem, it would 95% chance of it cracking in half if we dropped it down that many sizes. I'm called they called us than just trying to do it.

My FH insisted on getting another one. We went out and got my finger sized to be uber sure and he put in the order that night. I wore the other one on a chain until the new one came in because everyone was asking to see it, but it wouldn't stay on my finger.

• Melissa
    Devoted September 2021 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had to get mine resized twice Smiley sad the first time I got is sized it only took 2 days but it was still .5 too big. I bought those rubber sizers and wore it like that for a month until I had time to get it resized again
  • Maddie19
    Curious July 2020 Alberta
    Maddie19 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Got it sized right away and that only took a week. Then I had it for two weeks and a diamond on the band fell out Smiley sad and it was away for repairs for like a month.

• Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It was a little big at first so we tried to use the plastic/rubber ring sizes to fill the space but it kept falling off and getting lost. Almost 1 month later I was going to Mexico for a wedding so he bought me a decoy and we had mine resized
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My ring was one size too small so I had to take it in so we could get it resized. It took two weeks and they were so long
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Omg - we also have enso rings (mostly for our honeymoon - cruise excursions).

I've heard good things about Charmed Aroma, never ordered though lol

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lol seriously! It makes things so much better.

I honestly ordered a few charmed aroma candles with my ring size so I have a "fake" one when we go away. I also got us enso rings for when we are at the gym, or fishing

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Are we the same person, because this is exactly what we did!!

I wanted to show off the ring so I wore it a bit with the plastic sizer then sized it down. I have a placebo ring (can't remember where I got it) that I wore while it was getting sized and I wear it when I send it away for rhodium plating yearly.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine fit perfectly; luckily I didn’t have to get it resized!
  • Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He got my ring sized for me Smiley smile he had bought me a "promise ring" after 3 months of dating because he's in the military and had to be sent away for 6 months, so he had my ring sized to that size (5.5) but I wore it on my other hand so when I got my engagement ring it was .5 too big because my fingers are different sizes haha! so I wore it for about a week and showed my family and then got it sized again Smiley smile it was a good try on his end hahah

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine fit no problem. Luckily no sizing was needed. I think we talked about what size our fingers were before hand.
  • Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mine was just a standard size when he proposed, so he had the little plastic things that make your ring tighter.

I wore it for a couple weeks with the sizer on, and then sent it away to get sized. During that time, I had a Charmed Aroma ring that fit that finger, so I just wore that so my finger didn't feel naked!

• Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine was too big by a lot. I wore it a few weeks and then we got it resized. My fine felt naked for the time I couldn't wear it. It's the right size now though.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Big reason why I didn't get him a ring when I proposed! This way he can pick his ring and so can I, plus we got them custom made which is pretty cool. But in store/at our jeweller we tried on the size rings and found our perfect fit.

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine fit right off the bat! as soon as we started talking rings I made sure he knew my ring size!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics