Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Engagement photos - indoor or outdoor?

Joey, on July 13, 2018 at 08:05 Posted in Before the wedding 0 18

What was, or will be, the setting for your engagement photos? How did you choose your location? Which type do you love best?

Outdoor engagement locations?

Engagement photos - indoor or outdoor? 1

Photo by Ness Photography in Montreal

Or indoor engagement shots?

Engagement photos - indoor or outdoor? 2

Photo by KAHO Photography in Richmond BC

18 Comments

Latest activity by Emily, on July 20, 2018 at 15:47
  • Emily
    Devoted February 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We haven't gotten our engagement pictures done yet, but we have decided to do them where we met, at University. They will definitely be outside as our campus was gorgeous!

• Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't do engagement photos but if we did they would have been outside during the day.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We haven't done our engagement photos yet, but I envision them outside Smiley smile

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did our engagement photos outdoors, we both love nature so it was natural for us!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Outdoors! But doing a few different areas to get that city feel and forest feel!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Outside. I also didn’t want winter photos, so our engagement photos ended up being two months before our wedding!
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did ours a mix but mainly outdoors. We had our photos done at the Calgary Zoo

• Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did ours outside and it was amazing. I cannot wait for our wedding day only less than a year away.

Engagement photos - indoor or outdoor? 3

Engagement photos - indoor or outdoor? 4

Engagement photos - indoor or outdoor? 5

Engagement photos - indoor or outdoor? 6
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Outdoors for sure! We're doing ours at a provincial park!

• Keona
    Beginner June 2019 Ontario
    Keona ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Outdoor!! It’s so rare to find a place indoor that has the same lighting quality and setting. However, I would recommend asking your photographer for suggestions. Especially if they’re local, they’ll have places that they know and would recommend to you.
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Outdoor for sure! We are very outdoorsy and will be doing something outside! Our original plan has now changed but we are coming up with a new game plan since it will be a fall session now rather than a summer session
  • Maya
    Expert January 2019 Alberta
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The landscape is breathtaking, but the composition is very good. All the lines lead down to you both. So when the eye follows the landscape it is clear the focus is you two and I love the reflection of you in the water Smiley smile
  • Maya
    Expert January 2019 Alberta
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had our session outside at the university area. The pictures turned out nice, but I wish things turned out different. I had to ask my photographer to further edit a few. I wasn’t happy with my hair or makeup that day and since I have taken photography classes I have many friends who are willing to do retakes. So it looks like beginning or middle of August I’ll be going to elk island park for some nice sunset pictures.

Engagement photos - indoor or outdoor? 7

Engagement photos - indoor or outdoor? 8
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Outdoor Smiley smile

My husband and I are very outdoorsy people so it just made sense yo go wth outdoor photos. We ended up going with fall photos and they were stunning. I think the landscape stole the show!

Engagement photos - indoor or outdoor? 9
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Outdoor, every time. I love the look of the photos with nature and the natural light.
    I also love the styling of layered sweaters, boots, pea coats and scarves, so I would have been totally down for a fall or winter engagement shoot... now I'll be taking photos in a strapless wedding dress in January. Smiley laugh
    Our engagement photos are next week tho (July 22), so it will be beautiful and sunny. Our photographer suggested we do a 7pm shoot for soft and sunset lighting.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did outdoor photos in March at an old log-craft cabin village. We actually let our photograph choose the location as we didn't really know what we wanted.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I prefer outdoor photos. No matter what type of season there is something to look forward to: Winter - Christmas lights. Spring - Flowers blooming. Summer - Bright Green trees and summer dresses. Autumn - An array of colours in the leaves and of course pumpkin patch pictures.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Depending on the season and scenery. Summer and Fall are better outdoors since the sunshine is there and the nature brings the naturalness in the pictures.

Winter and Spring, indoors seems more appropriate since its cold and windy also being bundled up in layers.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics