Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Breanne
Expert August 2018 Ontario

Engagement Photo Suggestions

Breanne, on January 15, 2018 at 14:39 Posted in Before the wedding 0 15

Hi Ladies,

We have our engagement photos coming up really soon (a mix of outdoor shots in the city {Ottawa} and indoors at a beautiful glass museum). I just thought I would check in to see if you have any tips or suggestions for cool shots. What did you love about your pictures, what would you suggest not to do?

And feel free to show off your favourite engagement pictures!

15 Comments

Latest activity by Jackie, on January 20, 2018 at 10:22
  • Jackie
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I will get my family’s opinion about on that but I don’t think us having an engagement party is necessary. My daughter went to school and got a degree in photography but only does the occasional wedding and such. She said she’d do our engagement photos. But she’s will be in the wedding party so she doesn’t want to shot the wedding. She has lots of friends though that could do it. So hopefully they won’t charge much. That’s great that he included it in your package. Thanks for taking the time to chat with me.
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We didnt have an engagement party at all... Just didnt feel it was nessessary. And we waited almost 1 full year before engagement photos... Only because we werent planning on doing engagement photos until our photographer booked them complimentary with our wedding package.
  • Jackie
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    How soon after becoming engaged should you do your engagement photos. And do you have to have an engagement party? My wedding is almost all just immediate family and they all know we are engaged.
  • Jessica
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Engagement Photo Suggestions 1Engagement Photo Suggestions 2we just had ours last weekend , the snow makes for adorable pictures , if you are doing them during the winter ! Some of my favourites were of us skating, or cuddled up with a blanket and mugs with our date on them! We got a sneek peek and this is my favourite one so far.

My favourite from our sneek peek Engagement Photo Suggestions 3

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For the outdoor ones you are going to want to get them done first thing in the morning when the sun is fresh in the sky. It makes a huge difference, ours were taken at 8am and you can tell which ones were done earlier vs around 9am. It is worth the early morning!
    Our photographer was great, she kept snapping photos constantly so she got some really nice candid poses and it really helped to show our personalities

Engagement Photo Suggestions 4

Engagement Photo Suggestions 5

Engagement Photo Suggestions 6
  • Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love these, especially your face in the second one Maegan! I am the same way - I don't have a nice picture of me trying on my wedding dress because I'm also a face maker... I tried my best to keep the faces at a minimum (it was hard) and the smiles at a maximum so we'll see

• M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks a lot! See? It’s all about having fun and incorporating you instead of just posing Smiley smile

Of course I bet you’ll be more than fine Smiley winking
  • Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

These are really cute Holly! So we had our pictures earlier this week and I think they went okay. You're right - it's really hard to act natural when there's a camera pointed at you but hopefully she got a few good ones.

• Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love the handstand freezes!

• M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Agree here, incorporate something that is “you” and have fun with it. We did not get any suggestions from the photographer so we spent most of the time making sure that we got some good pictures. And when we made sure that something presentable came out of this, we did a signature move for both of us; handstand freezes!

Engagement Photo Suggestions 7
  • Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did outdoor photos on a gloomy day. But the photos turned out amazing. I had to have a picture with my cowgirl boots and ring. We had 2 people doing our photos. One held the lighting to help with the gloomy. We have more where they actually got my FH to genuinely laugh!! PS he hates his photo taken.

Engagement Photo Suggestions 8

Engagement Photo Suggestions 9

Engagement Photo Suggestions 10

Engagement Photo Suggestions 11
  • Jocelyn
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Have fun with it!

Engagement Photo Suggestions 12
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haven't done ours yet but I love the ones where couples bring in personal items. Something that shows off who they are as a couple, something they like doing together, a hobby. For us, our plan is to wear our favourite team's hockey jerseys (we cheer for different teams) for a few pictures.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Trust your photographer! Sometimes they will pose you in wierd ways that feel super awkward and unnatural but the photo comes out super cute Smiley smile

Have fun with it! My photographer had us laughing most the time and caught our natural smiles instead of our "posed" smiles and it made a world of difference.

Also i am the most awkward person to photograph (when she said 'act natural' my instinct was to make a stupid face and curl my hands into little raptor claws lol) so it goes to show a good photgrapher can make anyone look good!

Engagement Photo Suggestions 13

Engagement Photo Suggestions 14

Engagement Photo Suggestions 15
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did outdoor winter photos at our citys Christmas lights display, these are a couple of my favourites. My fiance and I are not the best in front of the camera, we just don't naturally take photos well and I always feel so posed. So I suggest that you just relax and have fun, do what the photographer suggests as well as throw in byour own ideas. As for your outdoor ones you can never go wrong with on the street photos, get the buildings in the background

Engagement Photo Suggestions 16

Engagement Photo Suggestions 17

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics