Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Newbie October 2020 Ontario

End of October weddings

Matt & Lauren, on January 29, 2019 at 16:07 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7
Quick question. Our wedding is end of October in 2020 and the ceremony is outside. Has anyone had an autumn wedding? Any feedback on weather, decor ideas etc.. anything to help us make this incredible. Thanks

7 Comments

Latest activity by Elizabeth, on February 4, 2019 at 15:45
  • Elizabeth
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have been to two weddings during October and they both had different weather. My cousin's was in the middle of the month and it was really warm, almost hot. My brother's was at the beginning of the month and inside. The weather was wet and dreary... but that made for dramatic umbrella shots!

You could offer gloves/mittens/scarves for the ceremony on top of the blanket idea. If you personalize them with your wedding day they can double as favors.

You could go for rich dark colours and have muted fall colours to balance them out. It will also tie in nicely with the trees.

... I would go full blown Halloween and have a costume wedding but not everyone is a massive Halloweenie like me, lol.

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh the pictures are going to look amazing! the leaves should be pretty colourful at that point!

I was a bridesmaid in my friends Thanksgiving weekend wedding...the ceremony was outside and the reception was in a (heated) tent. The ceremony went well because the sun was out so it was warm enough, but as soon as the sun went down it got cold. The tent was poorly heated...and the washrooms were in an unheated building a bit of a walk away...it was hard to get warm again after going to the washroom haha
    If you are doing something similar, I would maybe have blankets on hand that guests can use (even if just for the ceremony portion, just in case)

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My oldest friend got married last October, closer to the end of the month. All her decor was fall colours ans ther girls wore dark red. So pretty. They did leaves and pumpkins all over the place.
  • M
    Newbie October 2020 Ontario
    Matt & Lauren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you so much. Your responses have been amazing.
  • Katie
    Newbie October 2024 Ontario
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love all these ideas the girls were sharing. I was in a fall wedding, it was amazing, definitely my favourite season as well. They did a bonfire and warm blankets and I have to say, being outside with my best friend and all our close friends from high school on her wedding day is something I will never forget.

The only complaint I would have about the wedding in fall, is if you are going to be on the grass area. NO HEELS. I made that mistake but I also had flats. The ground was pretty damp, and if you had heels, you would sometimes sink.. D: lol! Definitely something to make people aware of, so no one hurts themselves.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Getting married October 19, 2019 here! Our wedding is in London but I have found that the weather can range from 5 degrees to 20 degrees lol

We're having our ceremony and reception indoors so weather isn't a big factor for me with regards to planning, but having blankets for guests will definitely help if the weather is on the cold side.

You can also provide hot chocolate/cider/coffee for them as they get to the ceremony space. If your reception space is indoors there's definitely less thinking you got to do about keeping guests warm.

As for decor, we kind of ditched a lot of the usual fall things but our colours (teal and purple) will be bold and bright, which works well with fall. Tori is doing similar colours but has copper in there as well to minimize the peacock-theme look, while I'm diving into the deep end with it!! Pumpkins are a fall staple that you can easily incorporate, and fall is a great season to embrace the rustic theme, which is what Tori is doing. We're going on the more elegant side, so we're glamming it up with the peacock feathers!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well here in Winnipeg (more like winterpeg) it varies year to year! For example, my FH's cousin got married in September 2018 and it was extremeley cold!! like closer to 6°C instead of the more usual 15°C (in Hecla).

My wedding will be October 5th and right now October 2019 is suppose to be warmer than usual so I've got my hopes up but in case it isn't... I've got these ideas:

Hot Chocolate & Hot Apple Cider BarEnd of October weddings 1

I will probably sub out the cider for coffee and add baileys or something to it.

Blankets to keep warmEnd of October weddings 2

Our venue has bonfires (weather permitting)End of October weddings 3

S'mores BarEnd of October weddings 4

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics