Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Newbie August 2020 Alberta

Encouraging No Kids

Sarah, on November 26, 2019 at 14:10 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6

Hi everyone!

I know this is a common question, but I feel my situation is slightly different in that we know some kids are going to have to come/be allowed to come to our wedding as we have a number of guests that will be coming from out of province.

I had the idea on our wedding website to add a paragraph that simply encourages local guests (within the city/province) to consider hiring a babysitter and attending the event alone, but I am unsure how to word this as I don't think it will be a straight adults only event in the end. Currently thinking "If you are attending our wedding from a local area, please consider taking the night off from your children and hiring a babysitter to enjoy the night with your spouse"... but not sure how that comes across haha

Any suggestions on the best or most polite way to say this?

TIA!

Sarah

6 Comments

Latest activity by Zoë, on November 27, 2019 at 16:14
  • Z
    Curious August 2019 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ask your venue if they have a small room for you to use. A friend did this and hired two baby sitters to watch something like 12+ kids. I feel sorry for the babysitters (maybe offer them a meal?) but the reception was a lot of fun!

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Maybe something like we encourage you to have a few drinks and leave your kids with a babysitter if possible. im not sure lol

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Come out to enjoy an evening as babysitters are available to watch the kids. Seek good babysitters from friends/family that come highly recommended. This way you give the choices to the guests to make arrangements as needed.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know some people didn't attend our wedding because we didn't invite their kids, but others loved the idea of date night and made it work!

I think saying something along the lines of: We encourage you take the night off and enjoy a date night by getting a sitter for your kids. You'll probably get asked a bunch of questions if kids are allowed at all, so be prepared for that.

• Sarah
    Newbie August 2020 Alberta
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes great point! Thanks Smiley smile

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that's a fine way of stating it! Maybe even take the "If you are attending our wedding from a local are" so that there is a chance that the out of towners leave the kids behind too?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics