Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Holly
Expert June 2019 Ontario

Emotional Brides?

Holly, on December 20, 2017 at 16:36 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 26
How many of you brides will probably bring the water works during your vows? And even speeches? Also are you writing your own vows? We decided we are going to write our own but I'm like 85% sure I will get super emotional. Anyone else like that?

26 Comments

Latest activity by Holly, on December 24, 2017 at 22:49
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree, I'm really stumped on how I can word everything. And have it not too long either
  • Lynsey
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Lynsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel emotional / scared to write our own vows. I don’t know how to put feelings and emotions onto paper in words. I love th sentimental value to it but it’s a tough one. I know as soon as I walk down the aisle waterworks will happen!
  • Lynsey
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Lynsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Be careful with your eyelash extensions! Make sure to get them minimum 48 hours in advance, some lash glues are not waterproof and cannot hold up to moisture. If you can, search for Novalash. They are waterproof / oil proof. Amazing !
  • Amber
    Devoted September 2018 Alberta
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will probably be crying on and off most of the day, but for the ceremony I know I'm going to be a hot mess. We decided to do a first look to help calm the nerves and some morning mimosas will hopefully help! I also decided on splurging for eyelash extension because I don't want to risk running mascara.

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm going to pray that whoever does my makeup can work some tearproof magic, however I think I may be able to hold it back
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes! We all need a strong batch of luck on our wedding days!
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm really hoping that a glass of wine will help me too!!
  • Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I hope that if I have a glass of wine before the ceremony it will calm my nerves. I'm so damn emotional, its crippling. I think a lot of people that know me will be shocked because I can keep it in check.
  • Jackie
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I hope I don’t cry but to be honest I probably won’t even be able to speak without crying. Good luck to us all! We will need it.
  • Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had to hold back tears a few times during my ceremony. Luckily, I was able to do so or makeup would have look horrendous lol

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I started tearing up as soon as my mum and I stepped out of the house to head down the aisle. I cried at different points throughout the ceremony as well. We wrote our own vows as well and I definitely cried during mine and his. I think it is normal to feel emotional during your wedding. Just have a hanky or some Kleenex handy.

• Carmela
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Carmela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am going to be a slobber fest!! The water works will definitely will be flowing from the morning to the end of the ceremony! Fake lashes are most definitely going to be a must, b/c I don't want mascara lines running down your face. I asked my FH about writing our own vows, but we are both stage fright!

• Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My FH said the same thing to me until I told him that the part of our wedding I am least looking forward to is the ceremony because I am just going to be a hot mess and crying the whole time. That's when we decided to do a first look, ours is only going to be 10-15mins and then I go back into hiding until the ceremony.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will probably start crying as I get ready and will continue throughout the day! haha I tear up now sometimes just thinking about walking down the aisle to him. I hope he cries; I think he will, or at least tear up.

I thought it would be cute if my little nephew, who is two and will be carrying a "here comes the bride" sign also carries up a box of tissue and hands it to my fiance! I don't think I will actually do that though as we already said the ceremony will be joke/prank-free.

We are not writing our own vows; we decided against it.

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My FH is 100% going to cry too so I'll be an absolute mess. I'll go first and then cry but as soon as I start to calm down he will start to cry which of course will make me start crying once again.. I considered a first look for that exact reason but my FH really really wants that moment when he first sees me walking down the aisle.
  • Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha Im already crying LOL

I am such a crier and couldn't get through my MOH speech at my best friend's wedding. So my wedding is going to be even worse, however we are doing a first look to help get those butterflies calmed down. I told him that I have to go first for my vows as well. He is also 100% going to cry, he cried giving a short thank you speech at my bridal shower and the whole room was in tears.

I need industrial proof make up for sure!

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't think I will actually be too bad! But it will really depend on my emotions/mood that day. I may tear up!
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh yeah I will definitely cry walking down the aisle! And my mom and mother in law will also be bawling!
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Going first, now that’s a great idea! Definitely have to put that in the plans. Cause there’s no way I’ll make it through my vows if he goes first! Haha
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I know I am going to be an emotional mess all day! Haha. I’m almost certain I’ll be crying as I walk down the aisle, if not before that! And we are writing our own vows! Super nervous but we wanted to make the ceremony a little more personal since it is going to be relatively short. But I’ll proabably cry. My sister and future sister in law say that they probably will be bawling too though, so I feel a bit better. Haha
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I was the same..never thought I was emotional. But now everytime I think out saying my vows or speech I get super emotional! So yeah I'll cry.
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I never THOUGHT I was emotional. But literally the other day, I was just looking at my FH and started crying because I was like omg I love you so much.

I'm a little scared to see what I'll be like when I'm pregnant one day haha.

So yea - We're doing our own vows and I sort of think I'll cry like a baby now.

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I couldn't even get though my MOH speech at my mom's wedding so I will be a mess when I'm reading my vows.. also going with short and to the point lol makes it easier for everyone!
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Right there with ya. We are writing our own vows and Im 100% going to bawl. I have just accepted i will be a blubbering fool so will keep my vows pretty short. Also i told my FH i have to go first or ill never make it through them haha.
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Mine too! Which is why I'm okay if I do too lol there will definitely be a box of tissues close by!
  • Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re writing our own!! I’m decently emotional but my FH will 10/10 bawl his eyes out

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics