Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Becca
Frequent user September 2017 Quebec

Emergency 🚨!! spelling mistakes

Becca, on May 29, 2017 at 15:23 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7
Hi everyone!!I am freaking out! I just noticed that i have a spelling mistake on my wedding invites. It not about the date , time, or the venue, just a word. I did my invites on an American website, but my invites are in French. Even after seen the proof version, my fiancé and I didn't notice the mistake. 😞😞😞
Would you send out your wedding invites if you knew they had a spelling word mistakes ?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Becca, on June 2, 2017 at 18:21
  • Becca
    Frequent user September 2017 Quebec
    Becca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks everyone for your advice! I'll just keep it the way it is and laugh about it. Too bad😅😓
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with Erin. This happened to me as I had a spelling error on my social ticket and received a discount plus was able to get this corrected. Definitely, contact the company to see if they can assist. Hope this helps.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We made a big mistake when we first ordered our invites (we forgot our names lol) and we contacted the company and they sent us a completely new set, with our names, at no charge. Not every company does this though. I would agree with most of the other comments posted, if it is not major information or will cost too much let it slide. Maybe contact the company and see if you can come to an agreement about getting it fixed. In the grand scheme of things though it could turn into a funny story for later on and won't ruin your big day.

• Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I know how you feel... I left out a punctuation... It made me want to cry but I let it slide
  • Loni
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Loni ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I myself would probably look into redoing it, but it would totally depend on the cost (and if there was a time crunch). But I'm a graphic designer so I'm just stupidly anal about things like that Smiley tongue lol. If you and your fiance aren't bothered by it, or if the cost is insane, I bet you a lot of people won't even notice. But just be prepared to get texts from people when you send them out saying "Do you know you spelt *word* wrong?" lol.

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It depends on what the word is...and how much it would cost to make the correction...and how much you care about it. If you can live with it and it doesn't impact on any of the important information you might want to just close your eyes and laugh it off when anyone mentions it. In the grand scheme of things it is a small spelling error and even the worst grammar enforcers among us will likely notice it and then brush it off when we get the invitation. It won't ruin your wedding to have a spelling error on the invitation. Smiley heart Smiley heart

• Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh man, I can only imagine how disappointed/annoyed you must be! But the good thing is it isn't in the most important information, so there's a plus! How bad of a spelling mistake is it? Is it something that completely changes the sense or meaning or in someone's name?
    I know some would/have reprinted everything, some may leave it is as is: depends on how evident you think it might be, your tolerance of it, added cost, etc etc. I can't honestly tell you what I would do, but I know I'd be kicking myself and then my FH would be like "Nah, not a big deal, if we didn't notice, others won't!" Sorry, I know I'm not much help!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics