Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Peter
Newbie July 2022 British Columbia

Email Invitations Functionality Broken

Peter, on June 14, 2020 at 14:16 Posted in Tech support 0 7
Using the email invitations functionality from the Guest List on WeddingWire has turned into a complete disaster! Has anyone else experienced this?
This weekendn I attempted to use your "email Invitations" functionality on the Guest List screen. I followed the directions and created an invite with all the fields populated. I selected "Save & Send" and then chose "Select All" so that all guests who had email address associated with them would receive it.
It said "invitations sent" and then the trouble started.... I got calls from a few people on the invite list stating that they received 25-50 copies of the invite email (including me). They all looked identical, but when you clicked the RSVP link in them, each email took you to the RSVP for a different guest. On top of this, the majority of guests received NO Invitation email at all. I suspect this is not a one time issue, as I received multiple apparently duplicate invitation emails from another friend who is also using the WeddingWire platform last month.
Has anyone else run into this and found a way to resolve it? We are of course down to the wire as attempting to reschedule our wedding due to COVID-19.
Thanks in advance!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Peter, on July 5, 2020 at 13:05
  • Peter
    Newbie July 2022 British Columbia
    Peter ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I already did.... The response was "We're aware of the issue but can't comment on when it would be fixed.". No comment on why a feature with a known issue that it going to cause significant confusion is still enabled in the interface....
  • Antal
    Newbie August 2020 Alberta
    Antal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have the same issue with our invites. Anyone have an idea how to fix this issue or when it will be fixed?

• Stephanie
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just had this happen to me right now

• WeddingWire Support Team
    WeddingWire Admin December 2018 District of Columbia
    WeddingWire Support Team ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Peter, we are so sorry you are having trouble with the invitation tool! When you have a moment, please reach out to our Support Team at support@weddingwire.ca and we would be happy to take a look at this for you.

• Kimi
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Kimi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had the same thing happen to me on Tuesday and sent a message to WeddingWire, but no response yet. It's very frustrating because having to postpone a wedding is difficult and stressful enough, without the added worry of trying to communicate efficiently with all of my guests Smiley ups

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Peter!

You're not the only person who is experiencing this. I don't see a response from tech support on the other person's discussion yet either. I agree with Hank, emailing help@weddingwire might get you a quicker solution.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Have you emailed help@weddingwire.com? They don't work weekends so the earliest they can do anything is tomorrow but another poster mentioned something about weddingwire site invites/RSVPS being wonky.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics