Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Newbie August 2020 British Columbia

Eloping Surprise

Erin, on December 29, 2018 at 10:30 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 4
My fiancé and I have decided that we are going to elope for our ceremony and only invite our parents and siblings. We don’t want anyone to know we are eloping though.
I was thinking we would send out save the dates as normal, inviting people to our town where the “wedding” will take place, then when I send out invitations, have the invitation state that we eloped and we are now home to have a big reception party to celebrate.
The dates for this are:
May 2nd 2020- eloping
August 8th 2020- reception.
I need some opinions on this! Thanks Smiley smile

4 Comments

Latest activity by Tori, on December 31, 2018 at 10:31
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Bianca - sounds good! Just try and make sure you avoid the wording wedding and ceremony as to not lead anybody to thinking they are for sure getting to be apart of that.

Also congrats on the engagement and welcome to the wedding wire community!!!!

• Stephanie
    Newbie September 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing the thing but having it all in the same day. Its seems that no matter what you do people are gonna be disappointed or offended but you just have to remember that it's not their day,its yours. Letting them know ahead of time is always a polite heads up on what they can expect for celebration but maybe let them know closer to the eloping date so they dont feel left out.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your doing the same as my in law did by eloping and they just sent out by facebook their reception information.

We got married in August 2017 and my in law got married the day before us this year. They had their reception in November. Your good to go and just send out the reception information stating the elopement.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that's a really cute idea! I like how you're still sending the save the dates, but I think you should say something on them like "Save the date for the celebration of (your name) and (your spouses name) getting married!" That way you're not calling it a wedding and people won't be expecting a ceremony.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics