Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Frequent user August 2020 Ontario

Elopement Dress Search & Back-up Date Worry

Msss, on June 29, 2020 at 23:56 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 6

Hello everyone,

I hope this message finds you well!

I am in search of an elopement dress for this August (16th - our original wedding date). My fiancé and I made the tough decision to postpone our wedding to June 2021. (I am saving my original wedding dress for then, which still needs a lot of alterations). Any recommendations? I have checked a few websites but some are too pricey (over $400) and others are too sketchy (based on a number of negative reviews).

I have also been mulling over the idea of making my own gown but it would be minimalistic and probably cost just as much as a finished dress.

Also, is anyone else who postponed their wedding worried about their backup date? I have accepted this new reality but it is still hard. A lot of responses were, "at least you have your health" or "why worry about something you can't control" - I didn't and still don't find them comforting or helpful, to be honest.

Thank you in advance!

6 Comments

Latest activity by BunnyBride, on July 19, 2020 at 15:08
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'd suggest looking on Etsy. I got my elopement dress their for under $450 (shipping extra) and the measurements are custom made to mine (so no worrying about alterations or the time and cost for that when it arrives!). There were some nice elopement appropriate dresses I saw for or at under $400 while browsing for mine.
    Pixie Pocket's shop has some nice options if you like the pin-up/rockabilly style. It's where I ordered mine from. Even just requesting some of the non-wedding dresses in white could still be a good option if you are having a more laid back elopement. I shared the link below

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/PixiePocket?ref=yr_purchases&section_id=10296752&sort_order=price_asc

• Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Look at lulus.com you can get wedding dresses for under $100 or as much as like $300
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My friends and I just placed a Shein order and we were surprised at the shipping speed and the quality for what we paid. They could be an option.

LeChateau sells wedding dresses online that still look like wedding dresses, in a range of lengths and prices. Old Navy or Gap might have some more casual white dresses.
    I would also check out Facebook marketplace. There are always little white dresses or wedding dresses on my local page!
  • Alison
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Alison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I ended up just getting a simple bridesmaid dress in a light pink from David’s Bridal for our small ceremony in August (postponed the big celebration for next August). I’m trying not to think too much about the possibility of Covid still being an issue next summer still. The idea has definitely crossed my mind though. I think I’ve come to the conclusion that if we can’t go ahead with it next year due to Covid, there will be much bigger issues to worry about than my wedding. That’s definitely not comforting though 😢. If we can’t do it next year, we’ll likely forgoe the big wedding and go on a killer honeymoon when able to.
  • Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got some very cute white dresses from both Modcloth and Shein which I was intending to wear for my bridal shower and rehearsal dinner. I'm going to wear one of them as my elopement dress this October.

Modcloth is definitely on the pricier end, and you have to pay duties on their stuff, but it's very high quality in comparison to some places out there

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Have you tried looking at stores that are in most shopping malls? Zara, Le Chateau, Aritzia etc. Department stores like The Bay, Nordstrom, Saks etc might have something as well.

Anything that sells prom dresses should have a bunch of stuff in stock since I'm willing to bet almost no one bought anything for prom.

Which sites did you find sketchy?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics