Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Newbie July 2023 Alberta

Elope then 100ppl reception ?

Courtney, on January 21, 2022 at 09:52 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5
Has anyone eloped with your spouse then decided to do a big reception ? We love the idea of doing our ceremony just us and a few close ppl as we are a more shy intimate couple . But we love a good party .. I like the idea of getting to dress up twice!
Where are some shot gun wedding spots or ideas ?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Justin, on March 16, 2022 at 22:36
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Enjoy your small celebration for now as you can plan a bigger reception for later with all your guests to celebrate the 1st year anniversary once numbers can rise for venues.

We would have a anniversary celebration knowing its just not our day as one in law is the day before us and another couple is the same date too. It would be a multiple celebration for us 3 couples though its just the planning thought of it.

• Zara
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    Zara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did ceremony with 10 people in May 2021 and will have our reception this May. Smiley smile

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That sounds very great idea Courtney.

It’s you and your hubby’s wedding. So what works for both of you is what it will be. Haha! I love the idea though. Dressing up twice, having a intimate moment and then having a good time.
    Will it be done at a different day or same day?
  • Katie
    Frequent user June 2023 Ontario
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My brother got married in Jamaica with just immediate family and the bridal party over the winter and then in the summer had a pig roast party in Ontario at my parents property
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been invited to just the reception portion of a wedding before. It's not as uncommon as you think. Most people don't mind just going to the party and skipping the ceremony. If you word it in a way where it's just you and the witnesses and officiant when asked, then people will understand.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics