Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jennifer
Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia

Eeeek - time flies!

Jennifer, on August 13, 2018 at 12:47 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 14

Hello All! Smiley smile

I am getting married in (I just calculated) 19 days! My goodness. We've been engaged since April 2017 & I thought we had so much time to plan... & now the time has almost hit us! We had a huge to-do list last week & have just crossed off so many things in the past week.

Anyone else getting married on September 1, or soon? What do you have left to?

14 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on September 30, 2018 at 17:14
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

LMAO in your dream or real life? Either way, what a nightmare lol.

• Helen
    Helen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol the worst was I didn't but had been telling my fiance I did and had been collecting his half the whole time...bahhaa
  • Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a terrible nightmare! I hope you had insurance (in your dream lol!).

• Jason
    Curious September 2018 Alberta
    Jason ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are in 22 days - sept 8th ! Engaged since last oct and its feels like its taking foreeeeeeevvvveeeeerrrrrrrr. Its all decoration stuff now and stressing about if we have enought time to decorate, should we have used a planner, plus weather related problems and having a plan B at the venue - gulp! The smoke from the fires drifting in from BC is getting really bad

• Helen
    Helen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

OMG the nightmares... mine have become more frequent, A fun one the other day was our garage with all our décor burned down.

• Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yay!! So exciting! I am getting married september 1st as well! I got engaged June 1st 2017 and I totally know what you mean.. where did the time go?

I still have to finish the signage and get the seating chart complete and just little odds and ends like meetings with vendors this weekend.

What do you have left to do? I get worried sometimes that I forgot things and then on the day of or day before I will panic!

• April
    Frequent user September 2018 Saskatchewan
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Were also getting married sept 1! It is nuts how quickly time goes. I have my bachelorette party this weekend, and than one weekend to get last minute things done and then boom wedding!
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Exciting!!! Good luck with all the small things that are left! Your wedding will be awesome!

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not gonna lie I saw September 1st and my first thought was “Off to Hogwarts we go!” Is September actually that close??? Where has time gone!

That’s really exciting that it’s so close! I’ve still got a while to go but apparently time is flying by. It still feels like it should be June not almost September!
  • Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Aww exciting!! It definitely goes by fast! Your wedding will be amazing Smiley heart

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are getting married on Burnaby Mountain (event building on SFU campus).

I hear ya! I need to have a couple weekends of "get stuff done"... my mom's coming to visit me next weekend, and they are paying for the wedding, so I'm gonna sit down and book the last few vendors that require deposits while she's here. My bridal shower is September 8th... once that's done I'm gonna start on the DIY projects.

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Congrats - Where in BC are you getting married?! We're getting married in Golden.

Haha We were also in that "oh we've got months" stage a lot. My advice - get as much as you can done early! There is so much that you don't realize you need to do and it hits you outta nowhere!

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Omg it's coming up for you! My wedding is still nearly a year away but I keep having new and interesting wedding nightmares based on what I haven't booked yet lol.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not getting married (that) soon... however my fiance did say over the weekend "oh 6 months" and I corrected him, no, five months... and we both kind of looked at each other like, "oh dear, we have a lot to do" haha... EEEEK is right!

Congratulations! It's great to get that To Do List crossed off!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics