Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sasha
Frequent user June 2020 Ontario

Duo Entree or Single Plate?

Sasha, on February 20, 2020 at 14:08 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 18

Hi everyone! I have an option at my venue to do a duo entree or single plate. I really don't know what to do. A part of me is leaning towards a single plate so guests can have the option to choose but I like duo entree because its more food. Would love to get your advice. I am only allowed 2 protein and 1 vegetarian. So I was thinking Chicken and Beef. Or just have guests select which one.

(by the way there is no extra charge for duo)

Thanks!

18 Comments

Latest activity by Karina, on March 12, 2020 at 13:46
  • Karina
    Curious May 2021 Alberta
    Karina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Single plate seems easiest for you and your guests if you ask me!

• Francesca
    Frequent user November 2020 Ontario
    Francesca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely do duo entree! We are doing both chicken and beef in one plate. Vegetarians/Vegans also have the option of duo entree as well. If it's the same price then 100% do it!

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would def do duo then!!

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Sasha,

I think going with the duo for the same price is a win win! You're never going to please everyone but you have a better shot with this option.

• K
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m all about the extra food (it’s the Italian in me🙂)
    I just feel that I want my guests to eat enough, or atleast have the option to. And for no extra charge why not?!? I’m also a duo entree here!
  • Sasha
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Jessica. I decided that is what i am going to do!

• Jessica
    Curious August 2021 Alberta
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I feel as though if it is the same pricing why not do duo.

Will definitely be helpful in case there are people who cannot or will not eat the single option!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Opinion on this matter seems great to go either path. The one thought that comes to mind is the portion size of the food and how many courses being served to consider.

Plated service is great if one entrée including salad, soup and dessert as full meal sizes and your guests will be full at the end. Portion servings are smaller, duo entrees do make sense to go with this option and still not waste any food.

When it came to choosing dishes from the menu for tasting, we considered option for veg knowing some of my family need other source of protein. The venue offered 4 course full size meals with 1 meat/1 veg entrees based on the individual. This allowed them to not feel full and late night buffet was part of the package providing hand size wraps/sandwiches, fruits and veggies to snack late night.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's one thing if your duo included pork, fish, or shellfish but I feel like chicken and beef are such safe options that pretty much everyone is willing to eat it even if it's not their upmost favourite meat. The thing about duo plates too is, if a guest indicates they can't have one of the proteins ahead of time (ie Hindus who can't have beef), the kitchen will usually serve a full serving of the other protein.

• Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We also had two options on one plate. The portions were large, and we had other courses, so no one went hungry. We went with steak and chicken, but we did ask guests about allergies and restrictions so they could have something different if necessary.
  • Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If it’s same price I would personally go duo as it gives guests a bit of both which is nice and you don’t have to worry about who is having what with exception of it being someone who is allergic or vegan.
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing the duo. FH and I were arguing about which to choose from chicken or beef, so I just asked my caterer if we could have the option for both and we'd be willing to pay extra if we could. She came back and said why not do half portions of both and have it cost the same. I had no idea that was a thing and would've saved so many headaches lol. And like the others have said, if someone doesn't like one of the proteins then they still have a decent portion of the other, and just gives variety (which I am all about!). So I'm really excited to have the duo, and it makes counting and making place cards easier on my end too.

• Sasha
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Stefanie - I agree!

• Sasha
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for your response Natasha. I agree!

• Sasha
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Hank

• Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The duo entree is nice because they can have a bit of both, especially for those that are meat-eaters. Also, if there is someone that doesn't really care for one of the meats - they can still have a meal instead of just eating the sides. The other plus side is that if you are going to do duo entrees then it's less of a headache for you because you don't need to worry about how many people ordered what entree in terms of meat, all you need to worry about is how many people are ordering vegetarian or the duo entree.

• Natasha
    Devoted May 2021 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For picky eaters only having a half portion of their preferred protein may suck a little bit but I think In general people would be excited to get both. My fiancé and I whenever we attend weddings as guests always request different entrees so we can try both. I think this comes down to your preference. I would imagine having both entrees would be worth while and having both does eliminate how much information you need to collect on your invites ( don’t forgot to still collect dietary restrictions though!). Traditionally guests usually expect the select their entrees.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If the duo plate costs the same as the single entree, likely you're getting half portions per protein so I wouldn't think of it as more food but as "better choice" as in, your guests don't have to choose and can get to try both!

Either way, you should make that decision after a tasting. Try both the beef and chicken and if both are good, include them.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics