Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Maegan
Frequent user August 2021 Ontario

Dressing your bridesmaids with your dress in mind. Help!

Maegan, on June 9, 2019 at 11:12 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 5
Hey all!
So one of my BMs fiance's deployment got moved up so shes leaving for out west by the end of July now (rather then end of september) so my bridesmaid dress search just got moved wayyy up!!
We went to our first appt yesterday and something I thought would be relatively easy (haha) ended up being ridiculously difficult, and I only have 4 girls.

Anyways, the major concerns they raised were actually good questions that I then realized I have no idea about:
-My dress is very beaded and has a lot of lace, so a few of them questioned my desire to put them in something either lacey or with beading, saying it might distract or clash with my dress.
- My colours are emerald green and gold so if there was going to be bling on their dresses I wanted it to be gold with the green but on my dress the beading is pewter. And they raised concern over the mixed metals side by side.

Honestly, I hadnt even been thinking about how it would look with my dress at all.
So, anyone that has a lace or beaded (or both) dress- what did your maids wear?
Pictures would be much appreciated!
TIA!!

5 Comments

Latest activity by Allison, on June 10, 2019 at 10:48
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My dress is heavily beaded at the top and tulle for the bottom. My girls are also wearing Azazie dresses - they're all chiffon so no beading to clash there.

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My colours are also emerald and gold! i’m avoiding lace or beading, if possible. they’ll just have plain styles. We’re ordering from Azazie so they’ll each pick a style they love and go with that!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

All of my girls will be wearing a different dress - but they will all be the same colour (plum) and same length (floor). My dress is "plain" and clean-cut so none of them are having lace or sequins except my MOH who will have the top of her dress in sequins (still plum). I don't see it standing out too much as it's only one of my girls and a colour vs. white and bold.

I would say in general though the BM dresses are more flowy and not very glam as they aren't supposed to be the centre of attention.

• H
    Curious October 2020 Ontario
    Hayley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My dress, my maid of honour on the left will be in that dress in burgundy and my bridesmaids will be in the right dress in silver

Dressing your bridesmaids with your dress in mind. Help! 1
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So my dress is all lace with tulle at the bottom. I didn’t want my girls to match me exactly. They will all be in burgundy chiffon dresses.
    You don’t want to match your dress to theirs 100%, you want something that will compliment and make you stand out.
    I would do a solid green, and just get a necklace or earrings that match the beading in your dress.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics