Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tyanna
Super June 2019 British Columbia

Dress shopping advice

Tyanna, on August 10, 2018 at 10:55

Posted in Wedding fashion 35

Doing my first dress shopping trip on monday and am looking for advice of all kinds! Other than being open to ALL options when it comes to dresses, what other advice do you have? Did you wear shapewear to yours? Did you let your family and friends all choose dresses for you to try? If you find your...
Doing my first dress shopping trip on monday and am looking for advice of all kinds!

Other than being open to ALL options when it comes to dresses, what other advice do you have?

Did you wear shapewear to yours?

Did you let your family and friends all choose dresses for you to try?

If you find your dress at the first store but have appointments at other stores later on, do you bother going to those ones, or do you skip those ones so you dont confuse yourself?

Did you buy all accessories the same day you picked your dress, or did you wait until later on or during a fitting?

How many of you went in with a vague idea of what you wanted and actually left with a dress similar to that idea? How many of you went in a completely different direction than what you thought you would?

My grad dress ended up being nothing like I thought it would, so I'm not sure how my ideas will pan out this weekend, but these are 2 dresses that i will have waiting for me in my changing room when I arrive because I feel like they are what I'd love to wear! Thank youuuuhhh ❤💍

cfb_33790.jpg

cfb_33792.jpg

35 Comments

• Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't bring shape wear with me and I didn't wear a bra with any of them. They all came padded. I didn't buy any accessories the same day. I think its best to go home and look at pictures of it on. Pictures are key. You want to make sure you have lots of pictures of every angle of the dresses so you know what you like because it looks different in person in your memory than in pictures that you can look back on.

My experience was so amazing. I had my family with me and they told me their opinions which is nice but didn't let them chose it. That's really important. It's your dress! Smiley smile

My dresses ended up being completely different than I imagined I would ever wear. I looked at it when I was picking out the dresses and I didn't like it on the rack and then they pulled it out at the end and it ended up being the dress.

My biggest advice would be that you go in open minded because you never know gems are out there! Good luck! Enjoy, it is so fun!!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Didn't wear or bring shapewear, also wore a strapless bra, and ended up just trying everything without it. (Even though I'm super busty) I wanted a dress that came with a corset (left the lace up option on the dress), and will be adding permanent cups.

Yes, my family/friends picked some dresses. Pretty much entertained them, tried on anything they asked me to. They didn't go overboard though, didn't try on more than 7 or 8 dresses in either store.

I knew "the one most likely" (haha) was at Lisa's, so I made that appointment second on purpose... (I love love love all the Stella York/Essense of Australia dresses... you're gonna have so much fun trying them)

I think if I had found one that made me have the reaction I did with my dress at the first store (me crying, the moms crying, sisters crying)... I would have cancelled my second appointment. Not everyone has a big "bridal moment", but if you do, you shouldn't keep looking. You'll know in your gut if you feel like there might be something better at the other store, or "no way nothing's better than this"... You didn't keep dating other guys once you met your fiance, did you? Smiley tongue

Good luck! Can't wait to see what you pick!!!

• Melissa
    Frequent user September 2018 Quebec
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Found a store I was highly considering and browsed their online catalogue. I had an idea what I wanted and everything came to a screeching halt when I saw this one dress on their website that felt like *the one.* I had it saved in my photos and would stare at it all the time even though my friends and family were like "Really? That one?" When I got to the store, they had me select a few styles from a photo gallery, but they didn't bring the one I was considering. I tried a few, but everything looked just okay. I asked them to get the one I had been eyeballing for four months and when I stepped out, everyone in the room collectively screamed and then I bought it and never looked back.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics