Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Curious November 2018 Ontario

Dress Shopping!

Sarah, on October 18, 2017 at 21:12 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 8

I plan on going dress shopping for the first time at the end of November. Everyone is coming from out of two, 1.5- 2 hrs away! I want to make it the most efficient day, but also not be overwhelmed. Is it reasonable to go to multiple dress stores in one day? Any tips for planning, and going dress shopping?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Marina, on October 20, 2017 at 10:02
  • M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did two stores, only because I was thinking that one might be not enough. I ended up going to the second store just out of obligation, as I had already a dress in my mind 24/7 in the first store.
    However, take a good look at their online garments. When I visited stores I already had a list of codes that I was most interested in or saw potential.
    That being said, dress shopping is a lot of fun especially if you take breaks between stores, as already mentioned Smiley smile
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can totally do more than one store, but take a break in between for coffee or lunch, to decompress. Depending on how long your appointments are and how many dresses you try on it can get overwhelming and that starts to get stressful.

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would add to make sure you have an idea of what you and the girls would like before you go into any store. Would it be possible to check the shops out online? Have an idea of colours and styles before you leave. And don't forget to pack snacks and bottled water for the long day.

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Make sure you have a good meal before and take time to eat lunch, like Daphne said. Nothing will ruin the magic of dress shopping like being hungry, lol.

Also, have an idea of what styles you're into but also make sure to be open to suggestions from the stylist you work with. They are really good at picking out flattering styles for different body types! This is the biggest thing, just be open - there are so many choices! I started out by telling my stylist what dresses I was looking at online and then I told her my "no-go" list and told her to pull whatever she wanted that didn't go against the things on the list.

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Most appointments are for 2 hours, so definitely doable to go to a few places. Just give yourself time between stores and don’t forget to schedule time for lunch.
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I took my 5 bridesmaids to one store and we had bought a dress for each of them (all different) and my wedding dress and shoes in under 2 hours from when we walked into the store. So it sometimes goes quick!
  • Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think you could definitely do multiple stores! I wouldn’t want to book too many though, you don’t want to feel pressed for time at one store before you have to go to another. Leave yourself enough time to enjoy the process and the day 😊
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went to only one store luckily. I went for my appointment with only 3 people as entourage and it took us several hours from start to finish. I think maybe 2 stores would be achievable but no more than that.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics