Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Holly
VIP June 2019 Ontario

Dress Shopping!

Holly, on February 21, 2018 at 09:29 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 62
Hello!

My first appointment is tomorrow! I am so excited, and I get to share this experience with my dad! I am flying out to visit him in Kentucky in the morning, so with that being said I'm hoping to get a dress off the rack! However I am and always have been, the most indecisive person ever!

Is there any advice you have for someone who is extremely indecisive, also buying off the rack?

And for fun, who did you go dress shopping with and how did you know your dress was the one? If you'd like I'd love to see what your dress looks like!

62 Comments

Latest activity by Rosalyn, on April 2, 2018 at 00:59
  • Rosalyn
    Devoted August 2018 Alberta
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!!
    Its Stella York - I went to cameo and cufflinks here in Calgary. If you go, request Jess. She’s amazing!!! Stella York is great - lots of beautiful styles and not crazy expensive!
  • Bridget
    Curious August 2018 Alberta
    Bridget ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Rosalyn!

I love your dress! Its beautiful! Can you tell me the designer of the dress and where you purchased it at? Ive been looking for a style like this one!

Bridget

• Rosalyn
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! She’s got super great pricing on dresses!!
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will be going with my best friend to this store near by and then if find something I will bring my mom and wedding party. I have been the same as you with being indecisive but when comes to the dress just pick the one you love the most, don't look around after because it will make you think oh could have gotten this one. its the biggest mistake

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Here it is, by the way! It's too big for me - another note for off the rack dresses: it may need lots of alterations - but it's absolutely perfect for me!

Dress Shopping! 1

Dress Shopping! 2
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Buying off the rack can be tricky. I did, but only because it was the perfect dress at the perfect time, for the perfect price. You're much more limited with what you can get when you go off the rack. That said, there are still lots of options and I hope you find what you're looking for! Just keep an open mind!

As for being indecisive... Girl, me too! Don't pressure yourself to buy the dress on the first go! You might need to try it on a few times for it to feel absolutely right.

I went to a little shop near my house with my step-mom. I had a clear vision of what I wanted and the consultant very gently disagreed with me and steered me elsewhere - not so far off from what I wanted, just in a bit of a better direction. Well, the first dress she put me in, I loved. I couldn't stop thinking about it, even after we left. My mom and I went back two weeks later and as soon as I had it on, we both burst into tears and that's how I knew it was The One!
  • B
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh haha don’t know her style enough to recognize it. Very pretty though 😍. I’m hoping to find one in my price range!
  • Rosalyn
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Stella York!
  • B
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’ve looked online a bit. I like stella York’s dresses. Who is the designer of your dress?
  • Rosalyn
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks! Have you had a look at any designers?
  • B
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Beautiful!!
  • B
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Beautiful dress!! I’m looking for the cap sleeves as well. I go in a couple weeks!
  • M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It looks soooo sooo pretty! Congrats!
  • Rosalyn
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!!!
  • Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That’s awesome you found your dress! I was lucky and found mine on the first go 7th dress in. Not what I was initially looking for as I was so stuck on having a sequence tulle skirt but they were so heavy and i tried on plain dresses too and just nothing did the trick until the very last one where I had my moment and I cried when I saw my mom and Baba tearing up and my daughter telling me you have to get it this is the one and my maid of honour if she was a crier would of been crying. It still sparkles and isn’t that heavy. It’s an Oleg Cassini even though that didn’t matter to me. I was fine with in expensive but 1300.00 later which my FH graciously paid for and my mother buying me the veil 250.00 later. I have THE dress in my closet.
  • Emily
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Pretty choice!!
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Beautiful dress!!
  • Kris
    Frequent user June 2018 British Columbia
    Kris ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So happy you found your dress, Holly!

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love short dresses! I knew it was the one right away! And trying on a couple others after just confirmed it. And yes the belt is beautiful with it!
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am going in april for my first dress appointment and I’m bringing my bridal party and that’s it
  • Rosalyn
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am also an indecisive person. I get buyers remorse over a t-shirt. So to say I had nerves was an understatement.
    What I learned is to try on anything and everything. I had an idea in my head of what I wanted and I am going with something totally different and something I didn’t think I would like at all! Keep your mind open, and if you don’t find it on the first day - that’s OK! Don’t put pressure on yourself. Go with your gut. If you question any part of it say NOPE and take it off, move onto the next.

This is is my dress. I didn’t want bare arms, plunge neck or back or tulle...and here we are lol

Dress Shopping! 3

Dress Shopping! 4
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is a beautiful dress! Great choice! I love the lace on it and the belt matches so well! Glad to see another short dress out there too Smiley winking
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Shared photos! 😊
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I just posted some photos! 😊
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The first picture is just the online one because my stepmom didn't get a clear full body shot of me in it unfortunately lol but the second is the back with a veil (didn't buy it but might go back and get it) third picture is a close up of the belt that I bought with it. And the last one is me in it with the belt (but can't see the actual length on me)

Dress Shopping! 5

Dress Shopping! 6

Dress Shopping! 7

Dress Shopping! 8
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So exciting!! Share photos
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Congrats! Very excited for you! Would love to see pics if you have any! Smiley laugh
  • Renee
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The best advice I could give is to be open! It's good to have a base to start with but you never know what you could be missing out on or fall in love with. Everyone is so different. I thought I had it made wanting a lace dress with a budget if $3000 for 2 dresses and I surpassed that astronomically! I'm making it work because it makes me happy but me being extremely picky lead to me going to tons of boutiques looking for the right 1 and that is my only frustration in the dress process. Also, if you don't cry don't worry! I didn't cry so I thought I didn't truly love it but the more I tried to live without it the more I couldn't Smiley smile I go in this Sunday to put down the deposit and do measurements, already got my second dress too Smiley smile good luck have fun and be open!

Dress Shopping! 9

Dress Shopping! 10

Dress Shopping! 11
  • Cherry
    Devoted October 2019 Quebec
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Congratulation!! Please share the pictures.
  • Katie
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yay!! Congratulations, that’s so exciting!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is beautiful! I tried on a similar dress! I also found my dress so I'm so happy!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I found my dress!!! I am absolutely in love!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics