Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lindsay
Beginner August 2023 Ontario

dress fitting Alert!!

Lindsay, on November 4, 2022 at 09:28 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9

I am looking for a good shape wear to try on wedding dresses with! Any suggestions? I would LOVE advice because taking off the whole dress to remove the shape wear is a hassle! help!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Lindsey, on November 6, 2022 at 14:23
  • Lindsey
    Curious October 2022 Ontario
    Lindsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It will depend on the style of dress and your area of concern. I wore Knix shapewear under my dress. My main concern was thigh chafing and so my shapewear was shorts style with tummy control.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wouldn't worry so much about the shapewear.

When I went to try on dresses I was even told not to wear a bra.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Being a plus size model, I asked the shop that I had my appointment, and they said a strapless bra if I don't feel comfortable being naked, and honestly the dresses I've tried on had built in bras and sucked you in anyways. Looks like I will only need underwear for the night.

• Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For just trying on dresses, I wouldn't worry too much about shapewear.

Personally i find shapewear to be pretty uncomfortable, and taking dresses on and off is quite consuming. I just wore what I normally wear underwear wise for trying on dresses then once I had my dress, I bought shapewear from Knix. I really like their brand and they are Canadian based. Others have recommended skims as well. I opted for just bottoms, as my dress had a plunging neck line and deep back and the pair I got fit perfectly and smoothed everything out I wanted.

• Lindsay
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you!! much appreciated! I love the feedback!

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I unfortunately never did find a great shapewear to wear so ended up wearing a strapless bra...however I will say the below that I ordered and planned to wear, DID NOT WORK OUT (Spanx). I am on the smaller side but still wanted everything to be smooth and flat so I thought this would help but it honestly created more folds. So I would just be careful of what you order and making sure it's in your size and honestly sometimes I think it's best to wear very little/nothing to avoid getting any lines!

Good luck and hoping you find something that works! Smiley smile

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ball gown if you don't a lot of material flowing out to the sides. A shape does show the body well if that is your choice.
  • Lindsay
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am looking for suggestions for shape wear Smiley smile do you have any?

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Dress shopping is an experience where you get to see all kinds of shapes to work towards your body. Don't be afraid to try different kinds of wedding dresses if the one you think is right and others seem better.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics