Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarrah
Newbie December 2023 Ontario

Dress code colour

Sarrah, on January 22, 2022 at 20:31 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 10
Hello everyone, I have heard of some weddings having a dress code colour. For example the invitation would ask all guests to wear blue. Has anyone done this? Would love to know how it turned out.

10 Comments

Latest activity by KELLY, on January 30, 2022 at 14:00
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sarrah, you may have eliminated the problem all together by only inviting your nearest and dearest. These are the people who would be willing to go with your request.

• Sarrah
    Newbie December 2023 Ontario
    Sarrah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for your input. 😊 Being invited to a wedding is a privilege, and as My partner and I will only inviting those people who are closest to us. Weddings are a lot of money People can always choose not to come if they don’t like the options.
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think in general asking guests to wear specific colours is tacky, people are putting out enough money for your wedding ie: hotel, transportation. Having to buy new outfits on top of that you may find many people cannot afford to and may not attend.

• Erynn
    Newbie July 2022 British Columbia
    Erynn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Also, with the blue, there are so so many blues out there. I would not expect it to look cohesive
  • Erynn
    Newbie July 2022 British Columbia
    Erynn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have made a black or white dress code. Everyone seems to like to be told what to wear as long as it’s reasonably easy.
  • Jacquie
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think this is only okay when the chosen color is black as most people have black formal wear already. It’s not okay to ask your guests to purchase new formal wear to attend your wedding.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I personally think it would be too much if every single guest was in one pacific color.

• BreddGar
    Curious March 2023 Greater London
    BreddGar ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that dressing all in the same color for a wedding will be boring and even some guests may not come. Because all people do not like one and the same color. So I wouldn't think of such an idea.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have heard of it as a bridzilla moment that made guests very angry.... I guess it depends on the size of your wedding. It may be a bit much to ask guests to wear a specific colour. I think if I was invited to that wedding I would pass. If it was a small family wedding I'd be fine with it though.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How big is your guest list? Are you okay with people having blue accessories over an outfit of a different colour? Or are you expecting all men to wear blue suits and all women to wear blue dresses or outfits?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics