Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Liberty
Featured May 2022 Alberta

Dress Alterations

Liberty, on May 29, 2021 at 22:01 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 9
I am wondering if anyone has had a mermaid dress taken in 1 or 2 sizes and can tell me how much it cost? I know it will vary by location just kinda looking for a rough idea to decide if its worth buying a sample dress thats a size or 2 too big.

Thank you!!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Celine, on May 30, 2021 at 23:10
  • Celine
    Frequent user October 2022 Quebec
    Celine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think 1 size is ok, 2 might be too much, it will require structurally changing the dress. Unless it’s THE DRESS, I would keep looking. That was my seamstress friend’s suggestion
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That worked out soo well for you! I know this dress is 1 size too big. A bridal size 10 fits me almost perfectly and this one is a 12. Even based on the measurements I know it will be a bit big. So im just trying to decide if its worth it
  • Celine
    Celine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Should have mentioned it was a mermaid dress, size 14 bridal. I am usually a 10/12 street size
  • Celine
    Celine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have no idea how much it costs
    But I recently bought a dress online from a bridal store closing, so it was a sample. They asked me to send them my measurements and they were able to tell if it would fit. It fit like a glove, I was extremely lucky
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ok just wanted to make sure. Last thing you need is getting a dress and it being too small and having nothing you can do about it.
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh definitely! I know I'm a bridal size 10. The dress is a 12 and I plan on losing a bit of weight before the wedding. Dang quarantine weight 😂 but I am also referencing the measurements they have listed.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Dont forget bridal size and street size are totally different. Bridal sizes tend to be much smaller anyway. My street size 2 sister ended up with a bridal size 6. Make sure you go by the measurement guide rather than the label size
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I didn't even think of that! Its hard to tell cause I can't see the dress in person (online only sample sale) but its full lace over top of some material
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it depends on less on place (though I'm sure that's a major factor too) but more on the fabric layers and design of the dress. I'd imagine it's a very different cost for a single layer satin fabric vs a multi-layered chiffon with lace.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics