Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rosalyn
Newbie May 2021 British Columbia

Downsizing from 50 to 10 or Upsizing from 10 to 50?!?

Rosalyn, on February 13, 2021 at 15:50 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8

Hi! Who is a 2021 bride in BC trying to downsize their wedding from 50 to 10? What are some options you have considered that feels just as special and meaningful as your "Plan A" (50 people)? How are you handling the reality that it could go back to 50 'at the last minute' and how you would feel if you went ahead with a 10-person plan now and it changes to 50? My fiancé and I trying to make the best decision that is honouring of our vision at the same time following the public health orders. Thanks for your thoughts and ideas Smiley heart

8 Comments

Latest activity by Lorraine, on February 15, 2021 at 16:31
  • Lorraine
    Beginner July 2021 Alberta
    Lorraine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have had this talk as well. All I need to have my wedding at my sister and brother in laws house is 20 people. If it’s still 10 then I will have to only have the 2 sets of parents and my daughter. Other than that one whole family can’t come so that’s not fair. So if they can’t come then it will be just Moms and dads. Then when the restrictions lift we will have a party with everyone.
  • Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    ExactlySmiley smile lol sorry my wording is I mean I hope it won’t be 10 I hope it will be 50.
    Our vendors at the venue don’t count but any outside venders brought in count. (Like the photographer or the celebrant)
  • Rosalyn
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I believe it's 10 including the officiant and any vendor(s).

• Rosalyn
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi! Good point. I had been feeling like planning two weddings (for 10/50) and it does take roughly the same amount of effort.

• Rosalyn
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for sharing Vinod.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The wedding can be just family as the full celebrations with the guest list can hold off until all is clear. Your day is meant for what you have chosen as your own. The photographer and videographer can be present to take your shots as needed for the short time if they agree to meet you in the middle. They can still be present for the full celebration when it takes place.

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got married in November with 10 people total. It was just as special as if we could have had our full wedding.
    I think it’s important to remember that right now and for the foreseeable future wedding ceremonies are limited to 10 and receptions are outright banned.If restrictions are eased it’s unclear whether receptions will be allowed again right away or if it will be limited to your safe 6 perhaps.
    In my opinion a 10 vs 50 person ceremony (or any number in between) requires the same things so it should be just as special no matter which limit is in place as the time.I think if you’re going to plan just keep planning for 50 but have a backup plan for 10 that you can swap to at the last minute. Be prepared for having to postpone your reception if they are still banned at that time.
  • Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For us if it’s 10 it becomes our parents and we each have one sibling (+ 1 so) so 9 + the marriage celebrant.
    I really hope it’s not 10

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics