Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Doing or Ditching: Something old, new, borrowed, and blue?

Lynnie, on April 1, 2019 at 09:05

Posted in Before the wedding 39

We all know the wedding day good luck charms of something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue! Are you including this tradition in your wedding plans? If so - what are your items? Are you going all the way with a six-pence in your shoe? Are you doing or ditching the tradition...

We all know the wedding day good luck charms of something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue! Are you including this tradition in your wedding plans? If so - what are your items? Are you going all the way with a six-pence in your shoe?

Are you doing or ditching the tradition of carrying something old, new, borrowed, and blue?

cfb_44605.jpg

Photo from Pinterest

Next Question: Are you ditching the veil?

Back to the Beginning: Which wedding traditions are you ditching?

39 Comments

• Monique
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Doing it for sure. Something new will be my dress, and not sure about the rest. Maybe I'll be able to borrow something old and blue from someone lol. I want to have a galleon (money currency from Harry potter) in my shoe although so definitely going to try to find the rest
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Doing! I haven’t gotten really far aside from my dress which is new aha
  • Jenna
    Frequent user February 2021 Nova Scotia
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t really care if I do this or not. I do have two of the items without even trying.. I’m not going searching for the rest though.
  • K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm undecided on this one... I dont really care if I do it but my mom was hoping I would. I do have something old and something new without planning to. I guess I could add the other 2 but I'm not going to go out of my way looking for stuff.
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't figured out what to borrow yet- more likely will be the jewelry, new is dress, blue is my wedding colors- ditching it myself though, old- would likely be the borrowed same

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm halfway there without even trying so might as well go for all of them - new is the dress and blue will be in my bouquet. I'm sure my mom has something I can borrow and someone surely has something old.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For sure going to try real hard! My shoes will have blue, my dress/veil is new, my old is probably going to be my Great Aunty Anne's bracelet, and my borrowed is tbd but I would love for it to be something of my Mom's or Grandma's.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics