Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Janice
Beginner November 2022 Ontario

Does the wedding reception dress for the bride have to be white?

Janice, on September 10, 2022 at 10:07 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 7

I found this gorgeous dress (that's also under$100 woohoo!) that I'm kind of in love with. Originally, I was planning to wear my wedding dress all night but my dress is fitted so I figured if I get a back up dress, in case my wedding dress inhibits me from dancing and partying that night, I have something a bit easier to move around in! Would this dress be ok? I know really, you can do whatever you want 🤣 I guess I'm just looking for opinions. Does the wedding reception dress for the bride have to be white? 1

7 Comments

Latest activity by Julie, on September 13, 2022 at 20:57
  • Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Um of course you can wear it!!! There is no rule that says you have to wear white.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A lot of brides have multiple outfit changes throughout the day. In many cultures, the wedding dress itself is not even white. If you want to wear a non-white dress for the reception, there's absolutely no reason why you shouldn't be able to.

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am planning to wear my wedding dress for the entire day.
    The dress you pictured is stunning and if you wa r to wear it at your reception go for it! It’s your day and you should wear what makes you happy!
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you should definitely do you and wear what you want too! I have to say I think it would be an unexpected/very party-Las Vegas like look as a second outfit-wedding reception dress but that is just my initial thinking (not at all bad!).

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It’s your wedding go for whatever you want, there are no rules.
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wanted to wear white all day for my wedding so my reception dress was white. But if you really love it, I'd go for it! Will you have many other opportunities to wear a dress like that?
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would wear whatever you want! It is your wedding day!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics