Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrsbtobe
Newbie June 2019 Ontario

Do your own hair? Straight hair?

Mrsbtobe, on May 27, 2019 at 16:12 Posted in Beauty 0 7
Hi Brides! Please show me your straight hairstyles? Did anyone do their own hair?
Also: Tiara/Veil: How did you secure it?
I had 2 trials, hated them both so cancelled my wedding day hairstylist and need your help.
Thank you!

Do your own hair? Straight hair? 1

7 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on May 28, 2019 at 06:58
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mine won't be completely straight, big waves/blow out and pinned to the side.. I am so good with my hair that I totally would do my own but I want to get pampered that day and sit back and do nothing.. that is the only reason.

If you aren't used to doing your hair or hair in general you may have a hard time securing the veil or tiara.. a lot of stylists will tease it a bit so it stays in place. Have you thought about getting a trial with someone else? might be worth it

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Just had my first hair appointment with my hair stylist yesterday and she’s amazing for two reasons; 1. Her work is stellar and 2. She’s honest.

i wanted my hair straight for my engagement photos because that’s how I wear my hair 99% of the time. She said she would do it but wanted to show me something else as well when she was done- she was right and I was wrong.

sometimes it’s just the stylist or maybe in your case the salon.

If you're comfortable having your hair straight then go for it! I know for me my hair is thin, frizzy and will look awful in heat. Just use amazing product to keep your hair in place and I think you’ll be good to go!
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m a hairstylist, and straight hair can be tricky for securing things. I wouldn’t bother wasting your time using tons of hairspray, it’s not going to work. what you’ll need to do is do a bit of backcombing at the root where you’re going to be placing the veil. this gives the veil something to hold on to. once it’s in and secure, then i would hairspray to hold.
  • Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Bobby pins & extra firm hold hairspray. Cross the bobby pins where you’d like to secure your veil (so they overlap and make and x...depending on your hair you may need to use 2-3 a side) and then hairspray to secure them. Veil comb then gets secured at that spot. Only problem is that you’d have to wear your veil for the entire event or try and ‘spot wash’ your hair. The other option would be to get a veil with a clip instead of a comb. This shouldn’t be too far out of the ordinary for a bridal seamstress or veil maker. Finally, if you’re wearing a headpiece like a tiara, they should be able to attach the veil to that with Velcro. Then you can take the veil off when you wish.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't plan on having my hair straight for my wedding, but the pictures that I have seen with straight hair usually are half up and half down and most have a headband or something to give it an extra flair as straight tends to look less fancy.

As for how to keep the tiara and/or veil in - it should be easy enough if you just spray some hairspray on the comb part of the tiara and all the veils that I have tried on are clips so they stay in no problem.

• Mrsbtobe
    Newbie June 2019 Ontario
    Mrsbtobe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much for responding. I went to the most reputable salon and showed the head stylist (who I’ve known for years) a picture. She had a Bride right after me on a Saturday morning so I didn’t complain or change the style she created but it wasn’t like the picture at all and within 2 hours the extreme curls fell anyhow.
    I gave it a couple of days and booked a midweek appointment letting them know I didn’t like my 1st trial. I was assigned a different stylist as the other one was booked, no problem. This time it wasn’t terrible, I could wear it...but within an hour of leaving the wave and the pins were out. I called and was told they would spray it & pin it more for the real wedding!?! I paid twice and felt like it should have been done properly.
    The next day I did my hair as if I was going out, flat ironed straight, and it looked like me. I called and cancelled my stylist. I’m getting married at a posh estate and doing my own hair....I tried searching the messages for others that have done this, looking for tips & tricks to hold my hair accessory/veil in, but nothing.
  • Allison
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had one trial with my hairstylist and didn't love it, I feel like the communication was lost on my end and that she is still capable of pulling something off.

I really adore that picture of Reese Smiley heart she is just so perfectly simple in it, I have always wanted bangs like hers. I think straight hair or curled hair or an updo would look beautiful no matter what, I think it matters most what the bride feels comfortable in.

I don't have any pics yet.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics