Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Meghan
Devoted April 2019 Ontario

Do You Tip the Band?

Meghan, on February 13, 2019 at 12:49 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5

Instead of a DJ we have hired a cover band that we go to see quite often...I can't figure out if we are supposed to tip them or not? The lead singer (and head of the band) was the one I have been communicating with, we signed the contract and sent the deposit via e-transfer and we will send the rest after the wedding. We are allowing them to partake in the open bar- FH says that giving them the open bar is good enough but I am just not sure (the band is something they do on the side of their regular jobs...if that makes a difference?)

5 Comments

Latest activity by Rachael, on February 14, 2019 at 08:44
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I second this!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

SO! This is something I stress over a little bit since I want to ensure that I'm tipping the right people correctly. I've found that this article helps a lot with who to tip.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As Brittany said! I feel their fees are all inclusive! You are technically already paying a service "fee" for them to be there! And then if you are giving them dinner and access to the bar I think that's bonus enough!

On the other hand! Maybe wait and see how much you enjoyed them! Sending a little extra after the wedding can be done too!

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah thanks! That makes sense, that helps a lot Smiley smile

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly, in my opinion, they are a service, for the most part, whatever you're paying them is all money they make (not going back to pay product replacement cost or whatever)... so I think allowing them to partake in the bar is more than generous, and I wouldn't tip them. Not because they don't deserve it, but I don't think it's one of those services that requires it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics