Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

Do you live with your future spouse. Yes or No?

Emilie, on February 16, 2017 at 10:05 Posted in Living together 0 30

Hey wonderful people in love! Smiley heart

Do you already live with your future spouse? How many years have you been living together for?

Do you already live together?

Image: Pinterest

30 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on August 13, 2018 at 18:34
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes. almost 4 years before getting married and coming 1 year coming 25th August.

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes we do live together! We have been living together for a little over a year now.
  • Megan
    Curious July 2019 Alberta
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes we live together, we have for almost two years. For me living together before marriage was huge. It truly tests your ability to work through things and make decisions together.

Moving in together was our best decision Smiley heart

• Kate
    Expert July 2017 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes, we have lived together for 12 years. The best 12 years of my life.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes, as of a couple of months ago! It's been an interesting experience but a good one. I'm glad we did move in together, it's nice waking up next to him every morning
  • Corina
    Frequent user March 2018 Ontario
    Corina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have lived together since the beginning of last April so almost a year! Smiley laugh before that I lived with university roommates for 3 years so this was a much needed change and we are both so much happier! Smiley smile

• Erin
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have been together for coming up on 8 years, and have lived together for almost 2 years. We started dating when I was in high school thus the large gap lol! Living together can be stressful at times, but I love spending my days off, weekends and evenings with him everyday! Wouldn't have it any other way.

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Rachel! Welcome to the community! Smiley heart Wow! You moved in with each other so fast! Was it hard at first? I can't wait to get to know you! You should join us in these discussions so we can talk more about your wedding: What was the date of your proposal?

Are you taking dance lessons for the wedding?

When do you take off your ring?

DId you get engaged on Valentine's Day? Smiley love

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Kayla! That's amazing! Congrats! Smiley heart How old are your two kids? Will they be your ring bearers and flower girls? Smiley catface I think you'll like the ideas in these discussions if you're looking for inspiration:

Ideas to dress the kids for the wedding!

5 brides and grooms with their kids

What role will your kids play at your wedding?

I can't wait to hear more about your wedding plans! Smiley smile Have you already set a date for the wedding?

• Cassandra
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes - we've been living together for 2-3 years with our parents. We just bought a house in August but are still doing renos. Hope to move in there soon Smiley smile

• Kayla
    Newbie June 2018 New Brunswick
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes! We have listed together for 4.5 years, have 2 kids together and bought a use 3 months ago. Got engaged a week ago.
  • Kenny & Fikayo
    Frequent user April 2017 Alberta
    Kenny & Fikayo ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Lol, Ditto!

• Donna
    Devoted August 2017 Quebec
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes I am living with my FH since last March. And everything is going so well that I can't for the day when we say I do Smiley heart

• Rachel
    Beginner May 2018 Ontario
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met/started dating in June 2015, moved in together officially in Sept 2015, got engaged Feb 2017. Definitely learned a lot more about each other and how to avoid or deal with any conflicts Smiley smile
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes we do live together.. we purchased our house together it will be 2 years this July .. and it has been amazing ever since to own our own home and have a backyard for my son to play in .. its been awesome

• Becca
    Frequent user September 2017 Quebec
    Becca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm just moved to our condo 2 weeks ago. I'm staying there my self until the wedding (in September) . It was important for me to have a little time for myself since I was at my parents' house, we were 4 children (girls only!!!)and I never lived by myself. So I needed that time for me ✌🏾 😌
  • Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes we do... He moved into my house 2ish years ago.
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We've lived together for almost a year. I don't think I could marry somebody I hadnt already lived with. I need to learn all of their bad habits and whether or not I can handle them before saying I do lol
  • Leah
    Frequent user April 2017 Quebec
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We've been living together for 7.5 months and together now for 13.5 months. I moved into his place with my 3 kids. We had to break down a wall in the entry way to connect the basement 3 bedroom apartment to his main floor 3 bedroom in his house so we could have 6 bedrooms which we need with a total of 5 kids. (and 2 cats).

I own a house as well which I rent out until the kids start moving out and then we'll convert his house back to 2 apartments and move back into my house

• B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    NOPE. Why we're getting married lol.
  • Stephanie
    Devoted June 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes we live together, he spent more time here and there was no point in paying rent at two places
  • L
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yup, he moved in with me last June! But for a good 8 months before that he was over 4 days a week so it was just a matter of officially making it Happen
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We do! We moved out to an apt for one year, then I moved 2 hrs away for a job, moved back and lived in an apt together for another year, and now have been living in our house since almost a year now. So grand total of 3 years of actually living together.. We felt it was important to move in together before marriage... That way you know if you can stand their little quirks and they can stand yours when you're actually in each other's space Smiley winking
  • Nathalie
    Curious March 2018 Saskatchewan
    Nathalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We do not live together yet He has his own house an I have mine, my 3 children live with me ... We've been talking about moving together but things will come in time definitly before the wedding though !!!
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sure do, almost two years now in our own place, and about 6 months with his parents before that.

I wouldn't want to get married without living together first...it is such a learning experience!

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes we did live together. He moved in with me and my family about 10 months after we started dating. We lived with them for about 3.5 years and then finally got our own place!

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes we have lived together since 2012. It will be 5 years in April!

• Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yep. Since August 2013
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

YUP! Moved in together after just a few months dating. I think it is vital to live with someone before you marry them... you learn SO MUCH about someone when you're around them 24/7

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am and it has been over a year since we have lived together.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics