Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sinéad
WeddingWire Admin January 2025 Galway

Do you keep secrets?

Sinéad, on October 7, 2019 at 09:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 28

Whether it’s a surprise party, a little white lie or some confidential info from your bestie - do you keep secrets from your future spouse from fear that they might blab?

Do you keep secrets? Never, always, or sometimes?

Next Question: Do you disagree?

Back to the Beginning: Never, Always, or Sometimes?

28 Comments

Latest activity by Geneviève, on November 20, 2019 at 22:32
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Never. Except for presents of course
  • Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We almost never keep secrets from each other. Only if uts something that would hurt the other person or if it's for a surprise
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Almost never.

Hiding my wedding dress from him is killing me. I'll probably crack and show him sometime in the next 11 months before our wedding...
  • A
    Devoted July 2023 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The only secrets we keep are if we are trying to surprise each other with gifts for birthdays etc. We are pretty much open with each other. We both can trust that neither of us will say anything, it is our children who might over hear what we are talking about that we have to keep an eye on.

• Nelly
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If it’s a surprise other than that no I don’t think that a relationship can last if there’s secrets
  • R
    Frequent user November 2021 Ontario
    Racheal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sometimes. Every interpersonal relationship in your life is healthier with innocent secrets. I mean, I just normally verbal-vomit on him about my day and everything in my life so I'm not sure what things ARE or AREN'T secrets anymore. LOL

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sometimes. Only when it comes to doing something nice or surprising each other and not telling what to expect. Its nice to do so rather than spoiling the idea of saying anything.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

NEVER! I'm not only bad at secrets, but everybody knows that what you tell me - is going to be told to him. We are a package deal.

• R
    Devoted November 2019 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sometimes, not like life affecting secretes but small ones. Mind you I'm very bad at keeping secretes and we are very open as a couple in general.
  • Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We don't keep secrets.

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sometimes, in the situation of a surprise party (or me pretending I was surprised by the proposal) but we don't keep anything major from eachother

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like to surprise him so I’ll keep that a secret but I know if I tell him something he won’t blab.
  • Melissa
    Devoted September 2021 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We don't have secrets, we are very open and honest with each other. The only secret he keeps from me if when he is surprising me with something

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I tell him everything he doesnt tell anyone anything other than me lollll!!

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ummmm it really depends. most things no, but there will be the odd thing that just doesnt need to be shared but I wouldn't consider it a secret

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not really. I don’t think there’s anything I don’t tell him. He’s my go to person so
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sometimes! never anything substantial, but my business isn’t always his business 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sometimes. It's a rarity when I do have any secrets from him tho.

• Emily
    Expert September 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We don’t keep secrets when it comes to serious things that could affect our relationship. As for surprises, etc. I can keep a secret but my FH cannot.. he’s spoiled many surprises by telling me in advance because he just wants to cheer me up Smiley xd Smiley heart

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have very few secrets and certainly nothing important. He's the person I tell absolutely everything to and I'm confident in his ability to keep his mouth shut about anything sensitive.

• July
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    July ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sometimes. Surprises for him, yes for sure. But also things that don’t concern him like my best friends business. That’s not for me to tell him. Anything that concerns me he already knows though.
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sometimes. I don't tell him all the intimate details of my friend's lives. of course if there's a surprise we keep it secret

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Of course.
    He doesn't need to know everything from my group of friends/work, and I don't need to know everything from his side either.

• M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Surprises or things that don't concern him are one thing, I don't consider those secrets.
    Absolute transparency within the relationship is a foundational value for us, so I definitely don't keep any secrets from him
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The only secrets that are kept are gifts or parties. I planned a whole surprise party for his 30th and some really good wedding gifts lol.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sometimes, depending on the secret. If it's something personal about one of my friends, I won't blab due to principle.

I sometimes forget to mention something to him and when I tell a story I get a "???" look from him since he doesn't have the background info.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He kept my engagement a secret so there's that. I did host a surprise party for him once with all of his friends to congratulate him on finishing his LL.M and getting an articling position.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't tell my FH my besties business. He wouldn't blab but it's not fair to do that. Anything that is my business he knows about. Sometimes I literally forget to tell him something but it's not really a secret. If there was a surprise coming up I think I could keep that a secret cause it's fun.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics