Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Do you go to weddings solo?

Lynnie, on February 4, 2019 at 09:05 Posted in Before the wedding 0 24

Have you ever gone to a wedding without your significant other? Or have they always been by your side as your plus one? Do you never, always, or sometimes go to weddings by yourself?

Do you go to weddings solo? 1

Photo from The Hollows Camp in Bradford, ON

Next Question: Do you play the “I don’t know what do you want for dinner?” game?

Back to the Beginning: Never, Always, or Sometimes?

24 Comments

Latest activity by BunnyBride, on September 24, 2019 at 16:11
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He went to a wedding solo once and we've been to two together. The first one I feel might not count because he had to RSVP about a month after we started seeing each other, so it was a little early to be inviting someone to a large family gathering.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went to my cousin's wedding solo, because it needed to be booked only 6 months into us dating (destination to Mexico), and he went to his friend's wedding solo as a groomsman, because it was back to back weekends with another one of my cousin's weddings, and I was only 7 months into a new job, so I wasn't even allowed one day off (but they gave it to me), let alone 2 days on back to back weekends.

We went to that cousin's wedding together though...

Now our own. Lol. So 50/50 chance we've got a date.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had to go solo due to family concerns about my husband to be at the time. They felt he shouldn't be there to meet the family. It was heart breaking, yet had to respect them for it. Now, that they all got to meet him and be there on our day, he is going to my cousins wedding this year in September.

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Never. Ever since we've been together we've gone to every wedding we've been invited to together!

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Never, we're a package deal lol. We always get plus ones though, and most people know we're a package deal, so it's never been a problem.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nope. Ever since we started dating, we've always made it a priority to attend events together.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have only been to one solo, he was deployed and it was weird. I just thought about him the entire time.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Never, we don't go to much but if/when we do it's always together.
  • Summer
    Devoted May 2019 Ontario
    Summer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We always go together!
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Never, they’ve all been his family/friends so I’ve always been the plus one lol
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Usually we attend together! I went to one wedding that was a friend from highschool and I went with another friend from highschool instead!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Never. We’ve always attended together. Our first wedding was like less than 3 months into dating
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Never.

We love going to weddings together. I think I would be bored going alone

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sometimes! We’ve both been invited but I went to 3 weddings in my home province without him because he couldn’t get time off work to travel with me.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Never! I've been to a few before meeting my FH with family so I assume those don't count! Smiley tongue

He was invited to one two years ago and I was a plus one but he couldn't make it last minute. I could've gone solo but I wouldn't know anyone there lol

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sometimes!
    We can't always travel together, which means that we've both attended weddings solo. Not that big of a deal for either one of us.

• K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Never. Weddings are more fun together
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Never - we’ve been together since we were 17 and 19 so in my entire life i’ve only ever been to 2 weddings without him
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wanna say never? I assume this doesn't include weddings from before I met my FH? lol

In that case, NEVER! But at the same time, there has only been one wedding invite... and now another.... both being his cousin's so.... we both went.

I'm sure if he was away on work then I would go solo but for the most part you find out about weddings way before he finds out about courses to teach so he could book it off.

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Never. But we've only been invited to two weddings so far - we couldn't make it to the one and we went together to the other.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Never.
    As a couple, we’ve only been invited to two weddings. He’s trying to get out of the upcoming one in July bc it’s his birthday weekend, but it’s non negotiable.
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No I haven't in a long time! We have went to weddings together and before him, I always was allowed to bring plus one

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Never, we've only been invited to two weddings since being together and we went together to both of them.

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No! I haven't been to a wedding in years, though.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics