Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Do you get jealous?

Lynnie, on May 13, 2019 at 09:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 31

Hey jealousy! 🎶 Some people like a little healthy jealousy in a relationship (emphasis on little!), but sometimes jealousy can spell disaster! How good are you at handling the green-eyed monster in your relationship?

Do you get jealous? Never, always, or sometimes?

giphy.gif

Thanks for answering all of our questions in this week's game! If you missed any questions, check out this post which has links to every discussion: Never, Always, or Sometimes? Smiley star

And make sure you didn't miss our recent games: All about catering, Long or Short?, and True or False? Part 2!

31 Comments

Latest activity by Meaghan, on August 30, 2019 at 17:55
  • M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have strong boundaries with others and a commitment to ensuring the other feels safe within the relationship, so nothing ever has to get to the point of jealousy
  • Tamara
    Newbie August 2022 Ontario
    Tamara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't really get jealous ever, but there was a time when a woman who attempted to flirt with him that the closest thing to jealous reared it's ugly head, but it quickly went away when I realized how oblivious he is to other women.

• Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely jealous but never from anything he says or does. Mostly from other women's reactions to him. But he's so loyal and considerate to how it makes me feel and always makes it clear he's engaged. ❤
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Never. Really, he gives me no reason to be jealous and we love and trust each other. We also communicate a lot if we need space/time with others, so no jealousy over friend time either.

• Loi-Marie
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Loi-Marie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sometimes for sure! I think I get jealous when I feel like he hasn’t spent much time with me. I find he gets a little jealous when I go out with my friends (concerts, festivals, vacations) without him. I can’t handle when he starts acting out and like that, but he says it’s cause he doesn’t trust guys at these events
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sometimes but not often.. things annoy me I think more than things actually making me jealous

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hmmm, not really because I know nothing will ever come out of it.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mostly never, there is the occasional time but I know he loves me and isn't going anywhere so the feeling passes very quickly.

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Never. there’s no reason. we use our words and communication is key to making sure we’re on the same page and that there’s no reason for jealousy
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Never. I used to get quite jealous at not be great at handling it but at this point I trust him 100%.

• K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Pretty much never... we trust each other and dont give the other person reason to be jealous.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Never.
    I was very jealous once, ended up in a toxic/abusive relationship because of it (he was also jealous). We thought it was cute at first, but then it became manipulative. I have leaned from those times...
    now I'm an open book with my FH and he with me.

• Jenna
    Frequent user February 2021 Nova Scotia
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sometimes. It’s mainly because of my own insecurities though.
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Exactly! I agree

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sometimes, it's not anything that he does wrong, it's just a mix of insecurity on my part with some people not knowing boundaries

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sometimes, but not that often! His work is more social than mine and his work unit goes out every month for drinks and apps. Most of my friends live out of town so I don't go out with people as much as I used to.

So I get more jealous that he gets out with work friends more often than I do.

• Stephanie
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not really.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sometimes.
    It's not necessarily other women or whatever either, he doesn't really have a lot of female friends that aren't co-workers anyway. Sometimes it's usually me being jealous that he goes to work and gets that socializing that I typically don't get while staying home with the baby. So it's definitely more jealous over the fact he gets out of the house more (even if it's just to work) than it is jealous because another women talks to him lol
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sometimes, for both of us - but we're getting better. Getting engaged helped Smiley smile

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sometimes - but I'm never worried. Like right now with him being away on work, he has been to the bar and sure - he's a good looking man, he's going to get hit on. But I know he would never act on it so it makes me want to know EVERYTHING that happened, but I know that he would never stoop that low like his previous ex has.

He doesn't get too jealous - I've been hit on and asked for my number when at a bar getting a drink separate from him and he just does the whole "well, that's what I get when I'm with such a sexy woman!" lol he's the best

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sometimes. It’s usually not because of anything he does, it’s other people. Some women don’t have boundaries with taken men. Just strange to me.
  • Claire
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am a very possesive kind of person but when I met my FH something changed. I felt more secure and I dont even feel like getting jealous at all.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sometimes; Not because of lack of trust but sometimes when I don’t feel we’ve spent enough time together (I’m a quality time person)
  • Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He does more so then me, but it never has to do with each others behavior.

He more so will stare down a guy in a mall for looking at me the wrong way and stuff like that.

And with him.. he's one of those guys that I don't think realizes how good looking he is.. or how many girls flirt with him. We were in the brick buying furniture for our house... and the girl helping us was fawning all over him. That got to me a little bit.

I know it's also harder for him in the sense he know's I have been in relationships before.. where as I am his first and only.. But he gets a little jealous if we run in to my ex at ball and such. He knows there is no fear there.. It's just knowing we had a history at one point.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have to agree with you 100%. This was more so in the beginning of the relationship and it was super new. Now as soon as he introduces me as his "Fiance" they back off a little lol.

I am not an overly jealous person, the odd eye roll here and there, but I try to not let it bother me

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Never. It's nice having a partner who doesn't give you something to be jealous about.

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sometimes early on in our relationship. Not so much now.

• Kirsten
    Frequent user October 2025 Alberta
    Kirsten ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sometimes, I would like to say never but we have our moments. It takes a quick reminder that it's ours not one or the other to snap us out of it
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would like to say Never, but I am sure there are sometimes. I think like when you are out and about and you know which girls are going to catch his eye, you know that quick glance but inside I'm still like uggh whatever.

• Rachel
    Frequent user July 2019 Ontario
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Never. Neither of us are jealous people. We both trust each other completely so there's no reason to be jealous!
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sometimes- it was more so in the beginning when we would go to social events and random girls would come up and hug him. I trust him just felt disrespected by the girls doing that as we were holding hands. I didn't met them before

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics