Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Do you cook dinner?

Lynnie, on May 13, 2019 at 09:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 33

Are you the chef in your relationship? 🍳 Or the master of takeout? Smiley xd

Do you cook dinner for your future spouse? Never, always, or sometimes?

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cd47e2a5957457073

Next Question: Do you spend time apart?

Back to the Beginning: Never, Always, or Sometimes?

33 Comments

Latest activity by BunnyBride, on July 30, 2019 at 17:57
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am going to say 75/25 percent split. Sometimes heavily with me doing the cooking. It's just the way our schedules work out. My FH would even admit I am more comfortable and quicker in the kitchen.

• Loi-Marie
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Loi-Marie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He’s definitely the chef in our relationship, thanks to his dad who’s an amazing cook! I try to offer to cook, but he loves it so much he kicks me out of the kitchen most of the time. We do get lazy and eat out sometimes though or go to the parents and eat his dad’s amazing bbq ribs and steak!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sometimes. Our schedules are not always consistent, so we only get 3 days a week to cook together.

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Always.. mostly me, but we both do it.

• T
    Curious September 2019 British Columbia
    Tianna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH does all the cooking! Sometimes I will, but he likes to take over hahaha.
    He cooks and I do the cleaning - everybody wins!

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I NEVER do, he always is the chef.

• Monique
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We usually take turns with making supper, but my summer class has been busy so he's been cooking more recently
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sometimes, we both do meal prep on Sunday for the week for our lunches and then whenever we get home we will make ourselves something small to eat for dinner. On the days that one of us is off and the other works then whoever is home all day will cook dinner for both.

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love to cook! i would say we split the cooking pretty evenly, but we definitely cook at home more than we order in!
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I do almost all of the cooking. I'm not particularly good at it but he's straight up terrible. He'll get takeout for us when I don't want to cook.

• K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I do most of the cooking mainly because he works so much. But he does enjoy cooking when hes home too.
  • Melissa
    Devoted May 2019 Alberta
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm definitely the cook! I really enjoy being in the kitchen though, so I don't mind at all. I love him, but his cooking skills are questionable haha

• Clara
    Curious May 2021 Ontario
    Clara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I can cook, but I really really dislike it. My fiance though absolutely loves to cook and he is great at it - so he cooks and I clean up after Smiley smile. Fair trade right? We try and plan meals ahead of the week and get some diversity but we very rarely eat out as we know that in most cases the food we cook at home will probably taste better (and it's definitely healthier!) and saves us so much money.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am the chef in the relationship.
    I plan the menu each week, which saves us a bunch of money when doing the groceries.

• Jenna
    Frequent user February 2021 Nova Scotia
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Most nights we make meals together. We each have our strengths and weakness’. She does all the bbqing though and I prep for it. 🥩🍗🍔🌭
  • Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I cook most of the time because I absolutely love it! He does most of the BBQing but I usually do the prep for that too. He'll cook if he's off work and I'm not, but that isn't too often.

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sometimes I will cook for him. We often collectively make dinner but he takes the reins more because I am so indecisive and take forever to decide on what to eat.

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He cooks! I am very blessed to have a man that loves to cook

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am/we are the master(s) of takeout! We take turns cooking since he's better at certain dishes, but I am better at others.

• Stephanie
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiance is definitely a better cook and loves to cook but right now I am on maternity leave so I am doing most of the dinners.
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sometimes. We try to share that, and in between get takeout when neither of us is in the mood to cook or if we have other things to do.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sometimes. Sometimes he does. We split it pretty even..no schedule or anything but if he's made dinner 2 nights in a row I'll make dinner the next night maybe for a few nights.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sometimes. We both still live at home so usually our parents make dinners. If they're away then I make dinner.
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Always, he will help out and he does Friday's bc I work later on Friday.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sometimes. I'm a much better baker but I cook what I'm good at all the time. He loves when I make stuffed peppers or perogies and sausage, and I love when he makes homemade soup or any BBQ.

• Claire
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Always. I like cooking and I love more when I see it that he is enjoying it. My OH likes to cook too and do it once in awhile.
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sometimes. He’s big on cooking. He is so good at it! And he has 2 high end grills so he is always doing that when he’s home. When it’s just me or when I cook, I tend to make the healthy whole food stuff. He makes the delicious food that’s not the healthiest lol
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sometimes! We actually have a deal: I work Mon-Fri and he works 10-hour shifts and sometimes has weekdays off. When he’s off and I work, he makes dinner. When I’m off, I make dinner; when we both work, I make dinner since I’m home first. It works well!
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am the chef in the relationship! He does all the BBQing! So during the summer there is a bit of a break, but with hundreds of Pinterest Recipes there is always something different.

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I always cook us delicious food. He is a pro at the BBQ, so that's what he sticks to. I make all kinds of cuisines.

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We most always cook together! We both love cooking.

• Kirsten
    Frequent user October 2025 Alberta
    Kirsten ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sometimes, we both love to cook so we take turns

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics