Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cliodhna
WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway

Do you change your “how we met” or proposal story?

Cliodhna, on November 11, 2019 at 09:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 21

Do you take some creative liberties when telling folks about how you and your fiancé(e) met, or how the proposal went down? Perhaps you’ve embellished a little here and there, or left out a few risque details 😉

Do you change your “how we met” or proposal story?

Next Question: Do you plan your wedding at work?

Back to the Beginning: Wedding Planning Confessions

21 Comments

Latest activity by Melissa, on November 25, 2019 at 11:35
  • Melissa
    Devoted September 2021 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had a strong feeling he was going to propose that night because he had asked my coworkers to bring me to get my nails done during lunch. When I said no over and over they implied that I should because they think he's going to and then i freaked out. I told him along with my friends and family that I had no clue because i didn't want to ruin it for him Smiley sad

• Sadia
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Sadia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes 100%. My proposal was very lowkey so I’m pretty honest about that. It was a very tradition proposal with his family coming to ask my family for my hand etc. But we met on Tinder, so only our close friends know that. Everyone else thinks we met through a mutual friend at university 😂
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No. I just try to avoid the proposal question since it was not exciting.
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nope. Both were sweet enough to keep all the details, nothing embarrassing
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No why would i change our story?

• Kelly
    Curious February 2020 British Columbia
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have a pretty cute how we met story so I've never changed that. But our original "proposal" was pretty unromantic - just a discussion and decision on the coach they we should get married and then being like "okay, I guess it's decided" lol. The actual proposal came about a month later and he had our puppy bring over the ring which was very cute so that's the story I tell when people ask how he proposed. Though my immediate family and close friends know the first story since we had to start planning the wedding immediately after the first proposal due to it only being a few months away lol.

• Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nope! They're always the same, beautiful stories 🥰
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nop - We both remember the same situation for both hahaha.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No?? Why would you ever change your story??? That makes no sense to me. Be happy with where you are now and you won't care where you started out man.

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nope. Don't see the need to.

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes haha, my FH doesn't remember the first time we actually met so I just let him tell the one he remembers (which is about the third time we were introduced).

And I always tell people I was surprised by the proposal, even though I knew exactly when it was going to happen because he accidentally hinted at it when he was drunk lol

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nope, never! nothing to hide!
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nope! I'll admit the proposal is a bit of a blur, but I've told what I remember.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We don’t change anything. Once you get married many people stop asking how you met (we have also been together for 6 years so we haven’t been asked for awhile) the engagement story has always been the same!
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We don't change the 'how we met' story at all - it's pretty straightforward, having just met through my work a long time ago. But we omit a smaller, slightly risque detail from the proposal story lol.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't. There's nothing to really change about either story. Our how we met story has a bit of a backstory to it, so I might cut to the chase if I don't have a lot of time to really get into it.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The story of meeting each other doesn't change as its the same throughout everyone who knows. I may be corrected at times though they feel it may be different from the original version.

• R
    Devoted November 2019 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We don't change either, both are really sweet and cheesy so we tell it like it was.
  • Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No, we don't. We say we met online. Except if people ask what site we met on. Then the answer becomes "oh we don't remember"
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No, I don't change it - we actually find it hilarious now (the proposal story) and we met on Bumble, I don't think that's a big deal anymore - internet dating isn't an anomaly I don't think.

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No, I don't. There's no shame over the fact that we met online. I don't change our proposal story at all, just tell it as it happened. It happened at home, it was our second anniversary, it was crazy cold and snowy ( and it was April) and I was in my pyjamas Smiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics