Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MJay
Beginner October 2018 Quebec

Do you buy the venue provided coordinator a gift?

MJay, on October 2, 2018 at 08:06 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7
My mom thinks that we should be buying the wedding coordinator a gift because she's done a fantastic job. The only problem is that all of my vendors have done a fantastic job so far. Do I buy them all gifts? I think that the best gift would be a referral, which I would 100% do.

What have others done? Do you provide your coordinator that has been provided by your venue a gift? Do you buy any other vendors a gift? Is it insulting to buy them gifts for doing their jobs well? Shouldn't that be the expectation?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on October 12, 2018 at 23:27
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I ended up giving one favour to the coordinator since i had extras sitting around. It wasn't my intention to do from the beginning.
  • Jessica
    Newbie August 2020 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I never even knew this was a thing what would someone even give
  • Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I completely agree! My coordinator has been going ABOVE AND BEYOND her duties, she is so quick to text me back, and she has helped me so much and it is not even over. I 100% plan on buying her a gift or giving a gift card!

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Agree with many of the others about it not being obligatory but instead reflected of whether they go above and beyond what they get paid to do anyway.

That being said, we may invite our venue coordinator to our Welcome Dinner/Kwe Kwe bc she’s one of the reasons we selected the venue.

And we’ll definitely send her a card with a gift card or something in it.

After the wedding we’ll think look back and think about the service levels of our vendors and who we’d like to thank more personally.

We’ll also may give shout outs to the vendors during our thank you speech but that’s too far ahead to think about now.

Good luck with your decision!
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Has she done a good job, or a great job? Has she done exactly what she’s expected too, or above and beyond? My venue coordinator has gone abouve and beyond. She answers all my crazy questions, she has stayed patient with me though me changing my mind a million times. She is doing so much to keep us happy! Your venue coordinator doesn’t get a benefit for a good referral, the venue does. If it’s an independent coordinator, then a referral would be great. Often people tip vendors for doing a great job. Would I tip the venue coordinator with cash? No. But a gift card or gift? Absolutely yes! You usually tip with cash for DJ, photographer and also a small tip for drivers doing deliveries (floral, cake) etc. It doesn’t have to be extravagant, just a thank you to show you appreciate all they’ve done
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My vote is in the no camp. You shouldn't feel you have to buy a gift for the vendor coordinator, but there are definitely other ways to show your appreciation if she was fabulous or went above and beyond!

Like Renee suggested and you mentioned, referrals would be a great way. Leaving good reviews on places like Yelp or Wedding sites like here on Wedding Wire or on the Knot would be another good avenue.

If you really want to more directly thank her (or your mother insists on something), you could write her a thank you note and/or write her supervisor on how great a job she did and why...some companies keep that feedback in personnel files for review for raises or promotions.

• Renee
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Uh no. No offense if course! But this is their job! When you do a good job at work, does your boss or client buy you a gift? Ok fine maybe sometimes lol but your right if you buy her then why not all vendors who are doing their job. 100% a referral is the kindest gift you could give

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics