Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bianca
Newbie July 2024 Alberta

Do i really need a wedding planner?

Bianca, on January 3, 2022 at 03:19 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11
Hey ladies so I recently got engaged on Dec. 24th! I been with my fiance for 12 years now. I have already been planning my wedding for a long time now lol
We are planning on having it in the summer of 2023 or 2024 . I'm a very organized person who loves to plan. And I'm a perfectionist so I make sure I check every box and it's done right lol

I have been really thinking do brides to be really need wedding planners ? An extra help . I also want to make sure that I'm not stressing and obsessing When i should be enjoying this time.

11 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on February 12, 2022 at 10:01
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats and welcome to the community!

You sound like me being organized and knowing what are needed and not as important.

As far as Wedding planner, consider your guest count and the amount of work to be done based on the pre events too. The wedding party and family are there to give you a hand, you should be okay to handle it if the venue does allow you go in a day before to set up everything. If not, hire a Day of Coordinator (DOC) to do the work at the cost you can afford to stay on budget. I made lists and a layout for the seating so the venue also knew which guests would be getting what meals with the initials provided to make it easier.

• Zara
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    Zara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it depends on how complex and detailed the wedding will be. I did not have a wedding planner, I simply gave my vendors to show up at the venue and some instructions that is relevant to their task for the day. I don't have a ceremony, it will only be a reception. Hence, it might change things if you will have ceremony and reception on the same day. I postponed my wedding four times and it wasn't the planning that was stressful, rather the postponement. I will on the other hand have my family members be at the venue few hours before the reception starts to deal with the last minute arrangements if needed.

• Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations on your engagement! Welcome to WeddingWire!

I would definitely hire a day of coordinator/wedding planner for the day. We were also hesitant to hire one because we've been planning our wedding since December 20th 2020. Our wedding is in July 15th 2022. Honestly, we are like you, we have been planning early, but after doing our research we came to the conclusion that we needed someone to help us coordonate the timelines and certain details for the day. Our venue offers a coordinator, but she won't be able only assigned to us since there are other wedding halls. That freaked me out! Talking to people who had their own experiences and to wedding planners we decided to have a wedding planner just for the day!
    We still are planning our things, but she is really helpful and plans with us too, answer all our questions and is coordinating all our venues. Plus she knows a lot of them which is nice too! Oh and totally on budget! Don't break the bank for this. Do your research and negociate!
    So far it's worth it. You want to be stress free! Having help from family and friends is nice, but sometimes can be complicated if they are already in your bridal party or other reasons.
    You got this! Happy wedding planning!
  • Kelsey
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations!

I think everyone is different. My venue offers a day of coordinator and includes food, decor, and booze. So I don't really need to pay someone else. Personally, not worth the money for me. I'd rather put my money elsewhere because I'm very organized and have delegated some of those day of things (setting up my table centers and whatnot) to trusted friends. I have been that person at many weddings and I'm ready to call in my IOUs.
    Happy planning!
  • Katie
    Frequent user June 2023 Ontario
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    See what your venue offers. They can be very helpful the day of with putting everything where it needs to go as well as running the ceremony. When I worked weddings that’s what we did, and the venue we are getting married at will also do all that for us.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A full on planner? Probably not unless you're having a destination wedding. But a coordinator for the day of would be extremely helpful as that's the day you don't want to be running around with a million things to worry about.

• A
    Newbie July 2022 Quebec
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats on your engagement ! I got engaged December 20th and the first thing everyone told us is to have a wedding planner to make sure we do'n't have to stress over details on the wedding day ! So we are now looking for someone Smiley smile

• Angelique
    Beginner June 2022 British Columbia
    Angelique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have an all inclusive package but the day of, I'm planning to have a coordinator depending how things go. Honestly, if you don't have an all inclusive package, you need to. Just to take the stress away. I don't have to do much for myself but having to pick designs, themes, colour, wedding inviation, and what not, it took a lot from me. But my job is very demanding too as I'm in accounting industry.

If you have friends and maid of honour that is ready to help then you don't have to. I just didn't obligate my bridal party to do anything for me as I'm not really that extra. My maid of honour is the only one helping me.

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am exactly like you. My friend offered to do our day of coordination as she got into the business and it was awesome to have her support but I definitely still had my hand in everything. Day of it was a huge help so I could relax though so that's the only thing I'd say you maybe would want! That being said, my friend had a coordinator assigned to her from a large company who was totally useless and ended up having herself invited to stay as the bride's brothers date 🤦🏻‍♀️ so definitely check references.
  • A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think of you can afford it go for it! It will definitely take some stress off
    If you can’t afford it maybe you can get a family member or friend to step in someone who trust obviously! I loved planning and I’m a very type check off the box on the list person. So I didn’t feel I needed a planner. I tap into all sources on the internet podcasts YouTube videos Pinterest to make sure I’m not forgetting stuff most brides forget. But if I had the money I would get a day of coordinator, since we can’t afford that .. I’m having one of my friends take my folder of everything what needs to be done and where everything goes , phone numbers , addresses everything you can possibly think of for the day. Although this was a lot of work to write out, atleast I can have some relief that she will take care of things and I can relax!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats on the engagement and welcome to WeddingWire! Yes! Wedding planners are extremely useful! My fiance and I have hired a day of coordinator. That way we can relax the morning of our big day and not stress about everything. She'll be putting all of our centerpieces together, our walk in table, cake table and our ceremony accessories etc. She will also be helping with any questions that the vendors have or need help with since we won't be at the venue until about half hour before the ceremony. She's also going to be with us during the ceremony to help with timing of walking down the aisle for all of us as well as the reception of when to enter our reception area

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics