Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Devoted September 2019 Ontario

dj vs. Band/quartet

Bianca, on June 4, 2018 at 18:43 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7
How many of you Choose a DJ over A band or Quartet? I want to do something different like a band and/or Strings instead of a DJ. Is a DJ more Popular because it’s more fun? For the younger Generation?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Maxime, on August 22, 2018 at 15:02
  • Maxime
    Beginner June 2019 Quebec
    Maxime ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We choose both... The Quartet for a 2 hours performance for the ceremony and the cocktail. The Dj for the venue and the dance.

• B
    Devoted September 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you Ladies
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Dj is less expensive so I will be going with that. Plus we are less likely to run into not being able to play songs due to not knowing them. With a DJ he/she can get a list from you with your must have's and you are set! I am 20 years old and I know that DJ's are at the clubs and all - but you could also look at a band or quartet being something for the older generation then too (having them at bars and pubs).

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We chose a DJ purely because it's more economical for us. A band would have been way over our budget unfortunately.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Band/quartet coat more for the hour than a DJ for one price for the whole day.

My brother had an Indian live band for one occasion. They were expensive just for one evening. For this reason i went with a DJ.
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm doing a DJ and personally I don't think the reason people DJs are any more fun than live bands. I've been to weddings with both and I love both. But DJs have a more wide range of music and tend to encompass things more people will know and like which is great when you have a range of ages going. Also DJs don't really need to take breaks the same way a live band would, so for my wedding where party which will be going for hours, a DJ was the best choice. I have heard of people doing both throughout the reception just to close all the gaps and keep it going even longer, but that's not in everyone's budget.

• Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My Dj is unique because her partner is a singer and she's a pianist. So they will be performing at my ceremony, cocktail hour, and 1st dance. Then they will be djing afterwards.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics