Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jknbhjbb
Frequent user July 2017 Ontario

Diy wedding favours

Jknbhjbb, on April 26, 2017 at 22:19 Posted in DIY 0 35
I was originally planning to do flower seeds with a little tag saying watch love grow but I ran into a big bump with the seller for seeds. Needless to say I ended up looking up these antique key bottle openers on Amazon. For about $80 I got 120 keys which was more than I even needed. I printed the tags cut them each out then glued them to card stock. After many nights and a sore arm they're finally done. I ended up putting the keys in a linen bag with the tag tied to the bag. I had a big basket to put them in so the bags were convenient.
What are you guys doing for your favours?

Diy wedding favours - 1

35 Comments

Latest activity by Courtney, on August 8, 2018 at 10:30
  • C
    Beginner October 2022 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

OMG I love love love this idea!!!!!! I have always been in love with keys as they are very pretty and unique. I am thinking of maybe doing my own wedding favours instead of paying someone else to do it so we can save money. I am thinking of putting loose leaf tea in small jars for our guests as my fiancé and I love tea

• H
    Newbie October 2018 Quebec
    Heather ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love how these turned out and the quote that you used!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your guest favours look excellent
  • Kourtney
    Newbie June 2018 Nova Scotia
    Kourtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm doing handmade soaps and lotions and also little bags of lavender buds (my theme is lavender, doilies and wood)
  • Chantal
    Newbie July 2018 Quebec
    Chantal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We found the same keys on ebay, my fh likes them, i think i will add something else that i will do myself
  • Laura
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

These are so pretty & Unique. Love the idea

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Very nice! I'm making apple butter as favours since our wedding is at the end of September. I purchased small cards with a picture of Walter Campbell's painting "Wedding Day" on them. Then I printed and pasted a small verse in each and decorated the inside with vines with leaves done in gold metallic marker. Hope they like it.

• L
    Devoted September 2017 Saskatchewan
    Lyz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    These look so great!
  • Hannah
    Frequent user March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Hannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are incorporating our dog into our day as much as possible. For the favors we will be giving specialty dog treats !
  • Jknbhjbb
    Jknbhjbb ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I hope so! I fell in love with them the second I saw them
  • Faith
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Faith ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's so awesome and handy. I'm sure your guests will totally love them.
  • Stephanie
    Devoted September 2019 Quebec
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Love this idea. Looks fantastic!!
  • Jknbhjbb
    Jknbhjbb ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nice!

The flasks I ordered off of ebay and the mini bottles I have to grab from the LCBO

The flasks were cheap too I think for like 12 I paid less than $10

• Cassandra
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Written by Amanda:

Quoted

Written by Cassandra:

Written by Amanda:

Quoted

Written by Cassandra:

Written by Amanda:

Quoted

Written by Cassandra:

Written by Amanda:

Quoted

Written by Cassandra:

These are so friggen cute!! Good Job Amanda Smiley smile

Thanks Cass!!!!

How's the wedding planning going??? Did you end up picking the bridesmaid dresses?

Its going good Smiley laugh mostly everything done. Just little things left.

Yes we went with coral!!! You can see a pic of my profile Smiley smile Let me know what you think!

Hows everything going for you???

Love it! - Where did you end up getting them?

It's going, I didn't think it was going to be this stressful getting so close to the day. Everything is booked, invitations are out. I have my first fitting coming up in like 2 weeks and I'm a bit nervous but hopeful lol. When I originally ordered my dress I ordered the same size as the sample because that one fit nice, but when it came in it wouldn't zip up so I've been on a crazy kick and have dropped almost another 20 pounds and am fingers crossed.

Have you got all your bridal party gifts and favours picked out yet?

We got them from a locals shop over here in Newmarket. We got them for like $200 each so it wasn't too bad! Still need their heels though! I found mine at Le Chateau Smiley winking

We got our invitations too. Probably going to send them out end of June/early July.

The bombinieres (party favors) are also on my page! It's a glass dish/bowl thing. It's cute.

So far for my bridesmaids I got them a pretty coral robe to get ready in, a super cute hanger, a necklace & matching earings to wear the day of, and im not sure what else to get! What did u get your girls?

Omg about your dress! I guess it kinda works out so it pushes you to cut some weight Smiley winking not a bad thing! I'm probably going to have to the same! haha. Mine comes in in June so il let ya know.

I got the girls robes to at a bridal show earlier this year, pear necklace earring and bracelette. A Flask with a mini bottle that I still have to get. I had also got their dresses for them.

They still need to get their shoes too, I told them whatever they want in nude.

I was looking at making the hangers myself, just getting some wooden ones and decorating them so we can take some nice pictures of all the dresses together.

It's getting so crazy down to the wire

Nice! I like the flask and mini bottle idea! Where did you get them??

Your 85 days away!!! ahhh!! so exciting Smiley laugh

It's insane, like it crept up so fast

Time is flying for us too! And were still planning our jack and jill party happening on june 3rd! Where did you get your flask and mini bottle for the girls?

• Jknbhjbb
    Jknbhjbb ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's insane, like it crept up so fast

• Cassandra
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Written by Amanda:

Quoted

Written by Cassandra:

Written by Amanda:

Quoted

Written by Cassandra:

Written by Amanda:

Quoted

Written by Cassandra:

Thanks Cass!!!!

How's the wedding planning going??? Did you end up picking the bridesmaid dresses?

Yes we went with coral!!! You can see a pic of my profile Smiley smile Let me know what you think!

It's going, I didn't think it was going to be this stressful getting so close to the day. Everything is booked, invitations are out. I have my first fitting coming up in like 2 weeks and I'm a bit nervous but hopeful lol. When I originally ordered my dress I ordered the same size as the sample because that one fit nice, but when it came in it wouldn't zip up so I've been on a crazy kick and have dropped almost another 20 pounds and am fingers crossed.

We got them from a locals shop over here in Newmarket. We got them for like $200 each so it wasn't too bad! Still need their heels though! I found mine at Le Chateau Smiley winking

We got our invitations too. Probably going to send them out end of June/early July.

The bombinieres (party favors) are also on my page! It's a glass dish/bowl thing. It's cute.

So far for my bridesmaids I got them a pretty coral robe to get ready in, a super cute hanger, a necklace & matching earings to wear the day of, and im not sure what else to get! What did u get your girls?

Omg about your dress! I guess it kinda works out so it pushes you to cut some weight Smiley winking not a bad thing! I'm probably going to have to the same! haha. Mine comes in in June so il let ya know.

I got the girls robes to at a bridal show earlier this year, pear necklace earring and bracelette. A Flask with a mini bottle that I still have to get. I had also got their dresses for them.

I was looking at making the hangers myself, just getting some wooden ones and decorating them so we can take some nice pictures of all the dresses together.

Nice! I like the flask and mini bottle idea! Where did you get them??

Your 85 days away!!! ahhh!! so exciting Smiley laugh

• Jknbhjbb
    Jknbhjbb ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you! Smiley smile

• Donna
    Devoted August 2017 Quebec
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Amanda, you did a wonderful job. It's really beautiful.

• Jknbhjbb
    Jknbhjbb ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

• Cassandra
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Written by Amanda:

Quoted

Written by Cassandra:

Written by Amanda:

Quoted

Written by Cassandra:

Thanks Cass!!!!

• Jknbhjbb
    Jknbhjbb ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

• Cassandra
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Written by Amanda:

Quoted

Written by Cassandra:

Thanks Cass!!!!

• Jknbhjbb
    Jknbhjbb ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Those are super cute! Definitely post them up once you make or receive them

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

we are planning to do matchboxes. I'm unsure if I'm going to DIY them or just order them online.

matchbox

matchbox

• Jknbhjbb
    Jknbhjbb ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sometimes I feel like I need a fast forward button just to get it all over with lol

• Jknbhjbb
    Jknbhjbb ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you - What are you doing for your favours???

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Those are very cute!!

• Cassidi
    Beginner September 2017 Alberta
    Cassidi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I hear you sister!
  • Jknbhjbb
    Jknbhjbb ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Cass!!!!

• Jknbhjbb
    Jknbhjbb ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is absolutely amazing and so touching. We love animals too, I never even thought of that.

I feel like these last few months coming up to the wedding has my brain malfunctioning lol

• Cassandra
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

• Cassidi
    Beginner September 2017 Alberta
    Cassidi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can never go wrong with bottle openers! We decided to go a different way and make a donation to a local animal shelter that works really hard at rescuing animals and rehabilitating cats and dogs that are considered unable to be owned as pets In lieu of favours. We are big animal people and a lot of our friends are too so the idea gave me the warm and fuzzies 😀

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics