Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tiera
Newbie June 2018 British Columbia

diy Games

Tiera, on November 2, 2017 at 22:32 Posted in DIY 0 14

Has anyone made their own guest entertainment? What were hits and what were duds?

14 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on December 19, 2017 at 11:19
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's not a game, but we are giving each table a holiday and they will be able to write notes to us, give us marriage advice, date ideas, their favourite tradition for that holiday, and we will read those our first year together on each specific holiday.

My friend had bocce ball, lawn croquet, other assorted sports in between her ceremony and reception. There was lots of green space. Bocce and croquet were hits but not the others (my guess is because it was a hot day and people are dressed up, so don't want to play sports, but bocce and croquet you can walk and do).

Another friend had a photobooth in between. That would've been better if there was actually a spot designated for it.

I don't think we are making anything for ours, I think we will offer things to do in the area on our website for people to find something to do in between ceremony and reception.

• Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're going to do an activity book for the kids! Some colouring pages, word search, etc.

For guests, one cool idea I saw was a wedding scavenger hunt/iSpy game. Ive also seen the game "guess who" with wedding guest pics. A cool ice breaker.

• Tiera
    Tiera ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh? Did they order it online? I cant find giant jenga at my location

• Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My parents bought outdoor Jenga at Walmart for 40.00. It was even Canadian themed. Thought that was really awesome.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My sister's wedding had some outdoor games, and cornhole (bean bag toss) was the biggest hit. I bet you can find lawn games like giant jenga on ebay or local sell and swap sites

• Tiera
    Tiera ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Where were you able to find outdoor jenga? I really just want to own it but getting it for the wedding helps me feel like buying it Smiley xd

• Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will be having an outdoor wedding as well. We have outdoor jenga for sure. I have seen an awesome connect four outdoor board at a resort we stayed at we might be building. I debated doing a life size twister but my parents thought it would get messy. I have seen an outdoor kerplunk game as well. Our wedding is probably going to be around 2-3 pm haven't confirmed time. Cocktails about 5 pm and than dinner at 6. So we will have about 1-2 hours in between but munchies and things. And the outdoor games would be perfect. I have heard good and bad things about plinko if you do one of those for your wedding game for kissing or the social prizes make sure it has plexi glass.

• Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I want to do a bunch of games between the ceremony and the reception! I'm getting married at a summer camp, so there's lots of green space and there's already some games set up (mini golf, frisbee golf), but I'm hoping to set up some others like croquet or giant Jenga or a beanbag toss.
  • Tiera
    Tiera ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you guys some of these I have thought about and these are helpful for my venue and ideas :3

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My cousin had giant jenga, bean bag toss (corn hole), these giant diy picture frames hanging from trees for guests to take selfies in. My other cousin had a photo booth, just a backdrop curtain, and a lot of options for photobooth props!

• Melinda
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Melinda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding was outside and we planned lawn games for the reception. Giant Jenga was a bit hit! We also had washer toss, ladder ball, and croquet. It was so hot that we didn't end up playing as many games as we planned - that heat wave in September in Ontario was crazy!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think the games would depend on the type of venue you've chosen. If you are outside you could have bean bag toss, lawn darts, bocce, lawn bowling etc. Inside you could have a newlywed quiz, pin the veil on the bride and some ice breakers.

• Tiera
    Tiera ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Lol. We're having an intermission to do our wedding photos across the street, like a friend did in theirs. I don't have the free time to do the photos another day so I thought that would be a nice day to do it and than everyone wouldn't be rushing to save extra days.
    That does sound like serious business though but still fun I bet :3

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't have games at our wedding. There just wouldn't have been time. The ceremony was at 3 pm, cocktail hour began at 3:30 with the opening of the bar, dinner at 5:00, speeches at 6:00, special dances for half an hour, cake cutting at 7:00, general dancing right after that. No time for games. This was serious wedding business!! LOL!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics