Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bianca
Master August 2019 Ontario

diy Centerpieces

Bianca, on May 14, 2018 at 21:30

Posted in DIY 62

I know we all probably have a vision for what we want our centerpieces to look like on the big day, how we want them executed, and how much we're willing to spend on it all. Lately, my ideas for what I want have been changing for all the reasons above and I'm wondering what you all have planned...

I know we all probably have a vision for what we want our centerpieces to look like on the big day, how we want them executed, and how much we're willing to spend on it all. Lately, my ideas for what I want have been changing for all the reasons above and I'm wondering what you all have planned whether it be DIY or outsourcing it to a vendor.

Are you planning something large and floral?

c9d2882ecc829426cbeb87cac1a67ca4.jpg

Something unconventional?

44757fe24f13606024a0e5ed8e8fc6d1--weddin

Or something modest and delicate?

fa378c06bea9b9061ac0ae74b0a996e7.jpg

I can't wait to hear what you all have planned!

62 Comments

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love that! Where did you get the wood slabs from? Yours add some great height to the centerpiece.

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a great way to maximize the fairy light battery! Have you tested one out yet?

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm still torn between what I want so I'm sitting here in limbo without any concrete idea for centerpieces! Thanks for the support tho lol, I know I'll have to have it come together eventually Smiley smile

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did mine DIY.

Our theme was travel, and I found these awesome light up inflatable globes that I wanted to be the centrepiece. I had to figure out how to get them a little higher up on the table though, so we spraypainted some terracotta pots for them to sit on. I think it looked good overall, and we added pictures of us around the table at each location as our tables were named after places we have visited together.

Super simple, yet very personal! I loved it! This was our Pinterest inspiration

Centrepiece Inspirationdiy Centerpieces 1

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ours were pretty simple: 2 bottles (1 wine, 1 beer) with ribbon around them and lights in them and 2 potted plants. We did this all ourselves to save money and get it just the way we wanted it.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think we will be going with something very similar to your last picture with the wood circle, flowers, and candles. Only change would be the type of flowers and that since my FH is a carpenter - he will also have access to making an iron press with our names on it to burn into them Smiley smile

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m going on the large side I think. I want tall cylinder vases, with fairy lights wrapped inside. Then blue flowers (faux) with tall white sticks. I’m going to build one soon to see if I can bring my vision to life lol. If not, I’ll call in the professionals lol
  • Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am fortunate my wedding is next July so I have time to grow my centrepieces, planted them on the weekend and hopefully they will grow and fill it out.

diy Centerpieces 2
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We just did a mock up of our this past weekend and we are in love with them! Only thong we had to buy was the fairy lights and batteries and they came from Costco. $80 total for 26 centrepieces so we are happy with that Smiley smile

diy Centerpieces 3
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    She had place settings so that’s what the wrote on the back of
  • Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I don’t have a photo! My FSIL did it at hers and it looked really nice and went over well. It worked because they did a alternative guest book so people only got to write their name on the wood slab and then wish tree they could give there wishes
  • Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Very true! Good idea thanks Smiley smile
  • Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I went with a local campground, it had a huge hall and included all the plates and we rented the glasses from them. Nice bar and they have cottages on site to rent as well
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s super cute! They’re gonna look great on the tables!
  • Alexandra
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The ones my mum has for her decor at home have a 6 hour timer, so if we only turn them on at 5/5:30 just as everyone’s entering (I have a family friend who can do this) they’ll get us through to 11 and everyone’s leaving by 12 anyway so that’s perfect for us! They’re just from Walmart too so they’re easy enough to get!
  • S
    Newbie June 2019 Alberta
    Shontel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What location did you choose for your wedding
  • T
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Terri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No worries! Thanks so much! Just pick a few key things you like and put them together. No need for things to be super busy or cluttered or super tall so people can’t talk cause there is a huge ass centre piece in the way! Lol I know you will figure it out Smiley smile
  • Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you for putting this together for my viewing pleasures! You've got it on the nail with the antique-y vibe! It really sets a nice warm tone Smiley smile

• T
    Terri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You just need to pick an theme and idea and stay focused. I literally just threw this together for you lol I have attached the picture. It’s a circular crotchet doilies (this one is square cause the others are in my storage unit) a slate grey bottle with a antique key and a heart with our initials ( my mom still has those) and in the lantern we will put flowers from Costco for colour.
    I wanted simple and clean and classy with an antique vibe.

diy Centerpieces 4
  • Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's awesome how you're using things bought off Facebook, I love following those buy-and-sell groups because there's always so many great deals and interesting items!

What are your centerpieces going to look like? Smiley smile

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love the look of the fairy lights in a glass vase! I think the only concern I remember from a previous discussion is that the battery life on the lights wasn't long enough for the reception, so make sure you have long-lasting lights!

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That sounds really nice! I love the floating candle idea a lot. You could even alternate between floating candles and regular candles in the mason jars.

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's a great picture! It's basically the only other centerpiece I want now that's not completely floral lol.

• T
    Terri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I created mine by buying bits and pieces off Facebook groups. Keep it basic and simple. The only person doing and diy is my mom who is painting our initials on little hearts. I would say our centre pieces are maybe 7-8 per table
  • Alexandra
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Small and simple. Probably going to do something like this picture because I love these little lights and it’ll be dark early since the wedding’s in November so it’ll light up the room

diy Centerpieces 5
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds so cute and lovely! Do you have a picture or link to the wish trees or did you come up with that yourselves/is it a family tradition? Smiley smile
  • Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The reception we have either is two day rental or three. So we get keys 9am on Friday and wedding Saturday. We will be setting everything up and family/wedding party is helping. I was thinking doing the slabs on every table and the one centre piece would be the slab, wish tree, mason jar, lantern. Other center piece would be slab, wish tree, mason jars and flowers. The mason jars we would do floating candles or have flowers in it but haven’t decided
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Modest and delicate, the last picture is actually my inspiration haha
  • Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love the look of the last picture too! Just not sure how to execute it/who would set it up Smiley sad

Would you do alternating tables between the slabs and the wishing trees? Or have a wishing tree on the tables in addition to the slabs?

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I want to do something like the last photo, I have the slabs then have white small laterns and mason jars. Every other table will have diff center pieces though. Also thought about making wish trees every table, it’s where people have there name and then on back write best wishes and can hang it on the tree at their table and then next day when we take it all down get to read them and keep them!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics