Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bianca
Master August 2019 Ontario

diy Centerpieces

Bianca, on May 14, 2018 at 21:30 Posted in DIY 0 62

I know we all probably have a vision for what we want our centerpieces to look like on the big day, how we want them executed, and how much we're willing to spend on it all. Lately, my ideas for what I want have been changing for all the reasons above and I'm wondering what you all have planned whether it be DIY or outsourcing it to a vendor.

Are you planning something large and floral?

diy Centerpieces 1

Something unconventional?

44757fe24f13606024a0e5ed8e8fc6d1--weddin

Or something modest and delicate?

diy Centerpieces 2

I can't wait to hear what you all have planned!

62 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on May 18, 2018 at 07:41
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It's so tough to decide!!
  • Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think coral would really be a lovely colour to compliment the wooden decor.

We don’t have a colour scheme yet but it’s a moderm theme with rustic aspects. I like lots of natural greenery and perhaps a pop of colour through the flowers. OR all white flowers... I’m not sure!
  • Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It just depends on the space... A lot of my other decorations are wood, so natural colours and browns. I think it would be nice to have a bit of colour in the centrepieces, but I don't want to take away from the rustic beauty...

What are your colours?

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think that colour scheme for flowers would be lovely! I keep flipping between wanting neutral centerpieces and colourful ones, too!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wanted something simple and elegant keeping it natural yet colourful. This was our concept keeping on the pride flag colours.

diy Centerpieces 3
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It was something like the picture below and we added white potted mums as well.

• Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I might! It depends on how it looks without the flowers... If I use wine bottles, that could give it height. I'm going to play around with it any see. Although, I'm doing all silk flowers, so the price will be negligible. But I want bright colours for my bouquets - blues and corals - so I'm not sure how that would look for centrepieces... I'll figure it out!!
  • Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's such a good inspiration picture! It's the reason I might go down that route versus doing a large floral piece.

Would you forgo doing flowers altogether?

• Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My vision is something like the third picture. That's actually the exact picture I use to explain my ideas to people! I want an assortment of jars - different sizes and shapes - filled with candles, string lights, etc. Haven't decided about flowers or not yet.
  • Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yea that's my last resort if i can't find any.
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I do too. I’m usually a train wreck when it comes to DIY stuff, so we will see lol
  • Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I really love the second picture. I think it will look really nice Smiley smile

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That will be really nice. I remember one of my favourite things I took home from an event was a succulent favour, so I'm sure your guests will be fighting over them lol.

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Those are gorgeous! Would you consider adding a real rose on the day of your wedding to it if you can't find a suitable synthetic one beforehand?

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That would be great to have your sister design your logo! I think it's better that your sister does it because you can probably be more honest about what you want and if you don't like a certain part of what she does with it lol.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah! The longest we’ve used it for is 3 hours so far and it was still fine so I’m optimistic that when we actually test it for the full 6 it should be okay
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Will probably do something smaller and modest. It might just be me, but I'm not concerned at all with the centrepieces (that might change when the day gets closer) so will probably DIY and use peacock feathers in there somewhere too!

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes definitely! Something along these lines! I have a hard time with putting together what I envision. Haha. I would say a little like these, but not totally..... haha.

diy Centerpieces 4

diy Centerpieces 5
  • Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I bought these boxes from michaels 7 are white and 7 are brown. Each one is a little different from the others. Which will be nice it will add a uniqueness to each table. Then our guests get to go home with one.
  • Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did my centerpieces but still working on finding a burgundy/red rose to add to it. I really didn't have a vision on my centerpieces. I just went along with My color theme and put them together and just happened that i loved it. Then the lanterns i just saw it on kijiji lol

diy Centerpieces 6
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Good question! lol I would like to think that I would have enough of a sense of style to draw it up myself but I will probably get my sister who is much more artistically inclined to help out - especially because she is also the MOH. I would love to have someone official do it for me but budget wise it would be best to have it be a DIY

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That would be great! Would you design your "logo" yourself or outsource someone to do it?

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm sure you'll get a little more growth out of them before you have to start preparing your centerpieces! What kind of vase/planter are you planning to use for the centerpieces?

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They really turned out super nice and the fact that they're recycled and free is awesome. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that they don't split!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was thinking on the surface of the wood and maybe have the flowers just laying around the wood circle on the table with only the candles on the wood (that way they can see our "logo" or whatever you would call it).

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That sounds so unique! I'd love to see a picture of what your centerpieces looked like since it sounds very personalized and one-of-a-kind!

• Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Mostly succulents however will add rocks in and little gnomes eventually I just want them to grow a little more
  • Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That sounds really lovely. Do you have a picture of what they looked like? I am all for saving money and having exactly what you want at your wedding lol.

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Would you have your names burned into the side or the surface of the wood slabs? It would create a great personal touch!

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I can totally picture what it would look like. Would you have the flowers and white sticks in the vases with the fairy lights?

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks! We made them! We had a walnut tree that got destroyed by an ice storm in january and had to get chopped down so its been sitting in our yard all spring. We gt a friend to come over with a long bar on his chainsaw and chop us about 30 rounds. Now we are working our way through sanding them all and we are SO happy with how they turned out! The only downside is that they are REALLY heavy. Annnd we are crossing our fingers that they dont split in the next month and a half.
  • Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love how you're growing your own centerpieces Smiley laugh Do you plan for it to be all succulants or will there be other components to your centerpieces?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics