Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Allison
Frequent user June 2019 Ontario

diy Artifcial Bouquet Results

Allison, on February 3, 2019 at 19:37

Posted in DIY 39

Bouquet Set #1 Left: Matron of Honour Bouquet | Middle: Bridal Bouquet | Right: Bridesmaids Bouquet Bouquet Set #2 Left: Maid of Honour Bouquet | Middle: Mini Bridal Bouquet (for the toss) | Right: Bridesmaids Bouquet **Forgive me I have no idea the names of flowers, or technical terms of any sort...

Bouquet Set #1cfb_41513.jpg

Left: Matron of Honour Bouquet | Middle: Bridal Bouquet | Right: Bridesmaids Bouquet

Bouquet Set #2cfb_41515.jpg

Left: Maid of Honour Bouquet | Middle: Mini Bridal Bouquet (for the toss) | Right: Bridesmaids Bouquet

**Forgive me I have no idea the names of flowers, or technical terms of any sort for that matter but I will try my best to help. We bought 6+ or more of each item, (ie. eucalyptus, little white daisies, purple dogwood flowers etc.) with the goal to make one bridal bouquet and 4 additional bridesmaids bouquets. We bought everything on sale from Michaels craft store for under $150 and still had enough to make 8 boutonnières and 3 corsages (will post pictures of those too). And we still have extras sitting in my closet!

I am super super super thankful for my bridesmaids, I couldn't have done this without them. I had all my girls over for a "bouquet building party". We gave everyone the same amount of floral pieces to work with and a pair of wire cutters and wished them good luck. As you'll see to make mine a little different, we added those large blue flowers to play off of our wedding colours.

Honestly, we didn't have a clue what to do and we all just kind of winged it but it was hard just to be creative without any experience. I seriously underestimated this task but it is definitely do-able. My maid of honour basically built hers and then helped the rest of us build ours as well, we held them as my mom was able to bind them with twine and hot glue, then we were able to trim the stems.

More pictures below but comment if you have any questions and I will try my best to explain! (:

Bouquetcfb_41517.jpgBouquetcfb_41519.jpgBouquetcfb_41521.jpgBridal Bouquetcfb_41523.jpgBindingcfb_41525.jpgToss Away Bridal Bouquetcfb_41527.jpgToss Away Bridal Bouquetcfb_41529.jpgBoutonnieres + Corsagescfb_41531.jpgBoutonnieres + Corsagescfb_41533.jpg

The boutonnières with the flower is for the groom + groomsmen, the one without the flower will be for the dads and the corsage has the two flowers together.

39 Comments

• Elizabeth
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow! Those look amazing!
    I may be starting to lean towards fake flowers considering how beautiful your bouqets look! And you can't argue with those savings.
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We got all the flowers from Michaels at the end of the fall season (2018). They were 50% off and then at 6pm a lady came out and put a sign that was 60% off from 6-9pm - I think they really needed them gone 😂 the only struggle with this was we were looking for at least one of everything and your selection becomes more limited obviously at the end of a season. We made what we could work and still mamaged to have lots of extras.
    Definitely get your bridesmaids or closest friends together and have a party, their support saved me!
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

They look lovely!! You totally rocked this DIY project!

• Alycia
    Expert March 2020 Ontario
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Freakin’ Incredible! I love them, you ladies did such a nice job, kudos to you and your bridesmaids.

I was literally telling my mom an hour ago how I keep considering using fake flowers, I like making things like this, and even getting an amazing deal on real flowers, they’ll still die.. Artificial flowers I could use to decorate my home with later.

Seeing yours, now I’m sold! I might even take your idea of a bouquet making party, it sounds like fun!

Where did you get your flowers from? I’ve been looking back and forth at amazon, Micheals, and the dollarstore.

• Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow! They look great. Plus, nothing beats saving money Smiley laugh
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message