Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Frequent user May 2018 Ontario

Divorced parents invitation wording

Stephanie, on November 22, 2017 at 11:41 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11

I am in need of some help with how to list parents names on invitations when they are divorced. They are my fiances parents, his mom is contributing but his dad is not. How do i list their names with my parents (who are married) on the invitation?

11 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on December 20, 2017 at 13:25
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    On the envelope i would put the names seperately and the wording on our invitation said we (the grooms representing)

Divorced parents invitation wording 1
  • Jenn
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Love it!! I was worried about my invites to. I have divorced parents, he doesn’t. This helped me solve the problem before it came up haha. Your Invites are lovely
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Final invitationDivorced parents invitation wording 2

Hi everyone,

here is the finished product!

Thanks again Smiley smile

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Stephanie, now that you've found a resolution for the parents wording, have you made any progress on choosing your invitation style? Can we see??

• Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did together with their families - as my parents are still together, but husbands parents were divorced and remarried, but dad had past away.

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! It seemed like the easiest option to make sure everyone was included and no one was offended!

• Alexa
    Frequent user December 2017 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We had the exact same situation and came up with the same solution! "Together with their families" is classy and all-encompassing. Way to be Andrea! 💜
  • Ap2017
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No problem! It's a sticky one to navigate and it continued to be that way through the planning process. We wanted everyone involved but obviously everyone's dynamics were different. This was a good compromise.

We also ended up having our 3 groomsmen walk the 3 moms down the aisle and then the bridesmaids walked alone at the beginning of the ceremony. They walked as pairs after the ceremony and the moms all went their separate ways for cocktail hour.

A few extra steps in planning, but everything worked out well! Good luck! Smiley smile

• Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Andrea, i think that is what we will do!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is a great way to avoid all complications.

• Ap2017
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My husband's parents are divorced and mine are married, so this is something we dealt with. His dad is remarried and his mom is not, so it was an extra layer of complications when we were considering wording.

We opted to simply state on our invitations that "Together with their families, Bride & Groom invite you to share in the celebration as they exchange marriage vows on Date at 4:00 in the afternoon at Venue".

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics