Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Newbie May 2019 British Columbia

Dip dying wedding dresses

Chelsea, on February 1, 2018 at 15:03 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 3
My guy and I aren't scheduled to be wed until May 2019, but I'm having thoughts about my dress. Anyone who knows me will tell you I'm a very outgoing person, and I want my wedding dress to reflect that so I wanted to get a little insight on the dip dying option. The colours I want it to be are teal fading through to a dark purple colour. I've seen a similar dress to it in Google image searches.
Does anyone know the process? Or better yet where I could have it done professionally? And I have no idea of the cost either. I'm in love with this idea but I also don't have a lot planned for the budget of the dress and I don't want to diy it in fears of a botched dress! Any thoughts?
TIA!

3 Comments

Latest activity by Jessica, on February 1, 2018 at 22:41
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It may be a good idea to look up designers who already have colours in their dresses if you're concerned. Another option is to speak with the Bridal salons and see if there are designers who would be willing to do it (or have done it). While it'll be more expensive having it done by them, you're mind can be at ease that it'll be done correctly.

• C
    Newbie May 2019 British Columbia
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes, I have seen the dyed veils on Google as well. I was thinking, if I buy a cheap used one, I can test it out... I did some research and there's a whole process. But I am not even concerned if I have one or not, really. I'm flexible about that so if it gets ruined, oh Well!
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I mentioned to my mother today that I wanted to buy a second-hand cathedral veil (to save myself $400), but it's white, and the dress is ivory, so I'll dye it... she flipped. She said it would ruin the veil because of the fabric. I'm not sure how the dip dying works, but be VERY careful, as many fabrics used in wedding dresses could be sensitive to dyes, where they could bleed/leak/or even go blotchy...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics