Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Newbie April 2023 Illinois

Dinner for Interracial Family

Katelynn, on February 17, 2022 at 13:46 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 4

Any ideas on what to have for a dinner with an interracial family? My family is American and would be fine with something as simple a chicken and potatoes. However, my finance's family is Mexican, and they would prefer to have big feast with carne asada, mole, cervezas, etc. Does anyone have any ideas on what we could possibly have catered or even make ourselves that would be appetizing to both sides of the family? We will only be having approximately 60 guests..none of which have dietary restrictions, are vegan or vegetarian. Thank you!!

4 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on February 21, 2022 at 14:15
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your interracial family dinner can be tacos to incorporate all the sides and the meats and soy meat as vegetarian choice as well as vegan for everyone to enjoy a nice meal with potatoes for your side of the family as they enjoy it too. Rice is also a nice side if anyone eats it. I know every couple will want to make their choices based on what they like and how to make it work as a buffet style.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You say your family is fine with simple chicken and potatoes but are they adverse to something a bit more adventurous? If not, no reason to not go out on the Mexican cuisine since it has meat, veggies, and carbs. Go buffet style if you need a variety (maybe one dish that's mild and one more spiced).

FYI, you're on the Canadian Weddingwire.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just remember, it's your wedding day! You and your fiance decide what you want to eat! You can't please everyone!

But check and see if any catering companies serve both sets of cultures if you really need to have that Smiley smile

• Jacquie
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What kind of food do the two of you want? It's your wedding so ultimately it's whatever you want.

In your shoes I might try and find a venue or caterer that can serve dishes from both cultures.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics