Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brittany
Devoted December 2022 Yucatán

Dilemma between Wedding Dresses

Brittany, on June 14, 2021 at 14:47 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 29

Hello All!

I recently went to David's Bridal with the intent to try on more dresses that my mom wanted to see and a few that I have liked since checking out their online inventory and now I am stuck. After I would say trying on about 18 dresses - I have actually cried to the first gown ever. I love everything about the dress. It has a slit, full of glitter, diamond beading, 3D lace flowers throughout, see-through bodice, a bit bigger than a A-line, off the shoulder sleeves and a sweetheart neckline.

Dilemma between Wedding Dresses 1

This is it on me, I added the belt and the manager came behind me and tightened it even more for me so it looks more realistic and not baggy on me. Like I said I cried my eyes out it was perfect.

Now that it has been two days since wearing it - I have had some clarity and I feel like as I can not 100% go through with this one because I still have an other dress I think about. Mind you on the day I found the dress above I didn't think about it at all - it was not in my head or anything but now that I have had that post clarity I can't stop thinking about both.

Dilemma between Wedding Dresses 2

This is the other one I cannot stop thinking about - it is coming to store near me sooner rather than later and I feel like I can not say yes to other dress until I at least try this on.

Is this normal? Should I wait to try on the long sleeve dress before saying yes to the off the shoulder dress? I am not sure what to and I feel a little over whelmed.

Thanks in advance Smiley smile

29 Comments

Latest activity by Carrie, on July 7, 2021 at 12:01
  • C
    Beginner June 2022 Ontario
    Carrie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Both dresses are stunning!!
    I would say to wait until you can try on the second dress. If you just go ahead saying yes to the first dress you won't be able to fully love with the first dress until you know about the other. It will always be in your mind if you should of tried on the second dress.
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's awesome! I'm happy you found the one Smiley smile

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! I wish I can head there. Hope all goes well Smiley smile

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ok both dresses are STUNNING - But yes, I think you should try on the second dress before saying yes to the first dress, I say that from experience because I bought my first tear crying dress, and then later on I bought a second dress, that also made me cry but gave me a different and more BRIDE feeling - I have now sold my first dress, purchased the second dress and can not WAIT to wear it!!!!!

• Tiffany
    Newbie September 2022 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

OOOOHhh Brittany both dresses are stunning. Hope you decide on your most absolute fave. I'm heading to NY in over a month, and I will finally go dress shopping there at Pantora Bridal.

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Me too! I found some others that I really like from the same designer. I am pretty sure I will have my dress picked out by the end of summer. I can't wait
    !

• Stacey Tc
    Devoted August 2022 Saskatchewan
    Stacey Tc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Fingers crossed! I'm excited for you to try it on!

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No, I have not been able to see it yet! I will be going at the end of the month and they should have it in!

• Stacey Tc
    Stacey Tc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Any update?

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for the advice. Smiley smile

• Olivia
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Such beautiful dresses!!! Smiley heart

I know how you feel. Dress shopping was one of the most stressful parts of wedding planning for me. Try both on and sleep on it for a few days. And make another appointment if you need to try them both on again. I was stuck between three dresses but I kept thinking about one dress in particular. Once you make your decision though, just stick with it.

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Smiley smile Yeah I am excited to try it on.

• Jess
    Curious May 2023 British Columbia
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Omg you look incredible!! Love both of those dresses

I agree though, if you got time, go with your gut and try on that other dress! There is no harm in trying if you aren't in a rush too buy
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awe thanks so much Smiley smile

• Jasmine
    Frequent user July 2022 Ontario
    Jasmine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I plan to have two day wedding so will have one dress per day! wedding is most special time for bride and i want to be memorable for life!

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ohhhh Brittany!!!!! 😍😍
    You look so stunning in that dress! Just so beautiful. The other dress is lovely as well. I would say to wait and try on the other. So you can have an idea. I hope you don’t have a difficult time when it’s actually time to choose. Hahaha

Wishing you luck!
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! I want to as well. But I don't currently have the budget for it and also since the wedding is on the smaller scale I don't see it to be worth it.

BUT if I was having the large wedding that is going to take all day - I definitely would.

• Jasmine
    Frequent user July 2022 Ontario
    Jasmine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Both dresses are nice and i plan to get two dresses for my wedding

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah I think I definitely need to wait. As much as I love the one I actually tried on this has been a number one contender.

• Abigail
    Curious May 2022 British Columbia
    Abigail ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ooooh they're both beautiful! I would definitely wait to try the other one on. I had a similar situation and ended up trying on the 2nd dress I had in mind and I loved it but realized when I had it on that it didn't suit me the way I was hoping for it to!

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The dress is beautiful on you! But I would until you try on the one you've had your mind on before you make a final decision and say yes to the dress. You don't want to say yes to the first one and regret later on not trying on the second one

• Stacey Tc
    Stacey Tc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh for sure!

Let us know when you're going to try it on! Smiley smile

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That makes sense, right now I am just patiently waiting for the boutique that carries the designer to get the dress in to go try it on! I knew for a fact I do like the type of dress with off the shoulder - it is actually my second favorite look where the first would be the long sleeves. just that the long sleeves one I have tried on don't look anything like the one I love.

So now it is just a wait game, go try it on and really think about what I want.

• Stacey Tc
    Stacey Tc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This one is stunning!

I'd wait and try on the "dream dress" just to be sure. You have lots of time and you don't want to be thinking in the back of your mind about the dress you're waiting on.

Just remember, you can love a dress in a photo or on the hanger and have a different feeling on. That happened to me this weekend, a dress that was pulled I loved but I put it on and didn't feel that it was special. I also LOVED a dress that I wasn't a fan of on the hanger.

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

On top of that - I have avoided looking at others from now and just focus on those two.

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am most likely going to do that. I have not stopped thinking about that other dress and it has already drove me crazy. I am waiting for the call to go try it on and then I will probably wait a bit to decide which one I really like - might even go back to these places an other time to try it on again. Who knows!? I may go try it on and not like it at all and then be okay with ordering the one from David's bridal. But until I try it on I can not even fathom of buying a dress at the moment.

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Since you have lots of time before your wedding I would wait to try on the other dress and then make your decision. Otherwise you're going to keep thinking about that other dress and it'll drive you crazy haha! But I would stop looking at any other dresses online just so you don't add anything else into the mix.

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think I will - it is the dress that I have been obsessed with for a while now!

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think you should try on the other dress with long sleeves! I think it will give you clarity and you don't want to always be wondering if you should have waited to try it on!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics