Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Becca
Curious October 2019 Ontario

Digital Invites Only?

Becca, on September 20, 2017 at 10:08 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10

How do we all feel about digital invites for the wedding? Via Facebook and email.

My plan is to send out emails to everyone for both the STD and the main invitation and also to create a Facebook event and invite everyone to it.

With printing invites through Staples and mailing invites through Canada post I'm looking at something like $350. (Which is almost half the price of our Honeymoon...) It could mean big savings on our small budget if i could cut that cost and go digital.

What do we all think?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 8, 2018 at 10:00
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Websites for wedding infomation has been done by a cousin of mine saving more than mailing out as you pointed out. Stick with your plan and best of luck on your day.
  • L
    Curious October 2018 New Brunswick
    Lyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awh that's so nice! ❤ Once you're married & settled, you'll be able to relive your biggest day anytime you'd like simply by turning the pages of your book. ☺☺
  • Becca
    Becca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thats a great idea! i think ill go that route...mostly digital, but printing a handful of them for the non internet users sounds good to me.

• Becca
    Becca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I looove printing a few just for the memories. i have a big wedding scrap book where i've been keeping things like that and printing an invite just for that (and maybe the wedding party and the moms) would be so cute!

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going fully digital! All Save the Dates and invites will be email. Anyone who doesnt have an email (really just 2-3 on our list of 150) will just be getting a text message or have info relayed through family.
  • Dani
    Frequent user February 2018 British Columbia
    Dani ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We thought about that too. Digital is awesome and a great way to save money. We decided to print our invites at Staples and skip the STD. To cut costs on mailing we are going to hand deliver the invitations other than a few select people who live an 8 hour drive away. As for saving on return postage, we just put our wedding website url on the invite and we hope for everyone to RSVP there. Only 2 people don't do the online thing so we are going to handwrite a little note for them with the extra info and our phone numbers.

I found vista print had the best prices but my design (my MOH designed our invites) wouldn't work with their website. London Drugs seemed good until we check out Staples and they were a buck a piece including envelopes.

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Interesting way about going of things, however not everyone has facebook and not everyone uses their emails on a regular basis. Especially if your going to have older people in there 60s +.

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just had this conversation with a coworker. I feel like we're in the generation where most people would be okay with e-vites, but there are still a few generations that don't have access to computers/internet (grandparents, older aunts/uncles). Maybe ordering a handful of invitations for those that you know aren't tech-savvy and then the rest can be e-vites? Most people have email linked to their phones and wouldn't have an issue with going that route.

• L
    Curious October 2018 New Brunswick
    Lyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly, I don't see a problem with going digital. I think it would be incredibly smart & would save you a lot of money! I mean, it's 2017. Everything is digital nowadays lol. We're considering doing the same thing for the same reason, but I'm going to print a few for the closest family members & for myself to keep as a reminder of our wonderful day. ☺
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Have you looked on VistaPrint for invites? We got a banner, invitations and envelopes, and labels for our favours for about $140. Then we just went and bought stamps for all the envelopes. We do have some guests who live quite far so we had to pay extra postage for those. If you have TONS of guests then maybe it is better to go digital but I do know that some people do not have Facebook or even e-mail and will require a traditional paper invite (think older family members). If you have to buy 3 invitations anyway you may as well get the whole lot. VistaPrint frequently has sales as well.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics