Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Elaine
Frequent user May 2017 Ontario

Did you make different invitation for your wedding party and family?

Elaine, on October 4, 2016 at 15:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 18

Hey everyone! i just saw an idea yesterday of having different rsvp and invitations for family members or wedding party, like groomsmen, witness and bridesmaids. are you making different types of invitations or did you just do the same for everyone?

18 Comments

Latest activity by Sheena, on October 13, 2016 at 16:59
  • S
    Newbie February 2017 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Sheena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did fb invite for everyone and hard copy for family and/or friends not on fb.
  • Victoria
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have one invitation for everyone

• Donna
    Devoted August 2017 Quebec
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am so happy that I am not the only one Smiley smile I was thinking about that as well. I think it's a beautiful idea and its personalized.

• Jennalyn
    Frequent user February 2017 Ontario
    Jennalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are using the same invite for everyone
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No problem! I also have a second Facebook group that includes parents and people that wanted to be involved beyond the wedding party (I call them the "entourage"). I love the groups because if I'm deciding between things and want input, then I post a poll in the entourage group but if I just want to keep only my bridesmaids in the know about timelines or getting dresses then I post in their separate group. I think my group is all enjoying it and feel involved (because I like doing things myself some family members were upset and feeling left out of the planning)

• Elaine
    Elaine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey! thanks Valerie, that's a great idea Smiley smile I think i'll also do that to keep everyone in the loop!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm sending out the same invitations to everyone. I have a special Facebook group for the wedding party so I can post any special information that they might need, and then I usually just text/talk to them individually to make sure they saw something important.

• Nelly
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Elaine,
    You are welcome. I will only add the registry information in the invitation that will be given to our family. However, I also like your idea of wedding party getting a special notation on time arrival and important date. Smiley smile
  • Elaine
    Elaine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Nelly! so how did you tell your bridesmaids about the time, date, special tasks, etc? will you just send an email to remind them?

• Elaine
    Elaine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Emilie, no they don't know yet!! I wasn't sure if I should tell them in person or through the invitations!!? what do you think? I really like this card, it's funny. I could add a little note like that with my invitations, maybve that would make it a good surprise Smiley laugh

• Elaine
    Elaine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Simone, thanks i hadn't even thought of putting the registry in there, will your registry be in your invitations?

You just gave me an idea, I think i'll send the same invitations to everyone and then for the wedding party i'll add a special note only in their enveloppes telling them the time they should arrive, important dates, etc. Smiley smile and I could put the registry in the enveloppes for my family Smiley smile

• Elaine
    Elaine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Melissa, that's a good idea, i'll think about it! i just think it might be confusing for other guests who are not part of the wedding party and worry they might show up too early Smiley laugh

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Elaine Smiley heart

There are many ways you could do this. Do your bridesmaids already know they will be your bridesmaids?

You could for instance make an event or a proposal that is unique for them, give them the information that is specific to them and then send the same invitations for everyone. Smiley smile

But you could also send them an invite with more information telling them about the rehearsal dinner, time you would like them to arrive for makeup on your wedding day, etc. It's really up to you and what you find more useful.

You could use this type of card for instance:

Will you be my bridesmaid? Invite

How do you like the idea? Smiley smile Which one do you think is going to be the easiest for you?

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Elaine,I will be having the same invitations for all except only family will receive our wedding gift registry.
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was thinking about this on my drive home today- What about including a personal note for your special group? That way you still only design and print one invite

• Nelly
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No everyone is getting the same invitation

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing 2 invites, because while only a few people are invited to the ceremony, we are sending many invites for the reception.

I think it might be nice to do special invites for special people in your life, just beware the extra costs. We have had some larger quotes because we want small batch printing!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics