Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Natasha
Devoted June 2019 Ontario

Did you do a first Touch??

Natasha, on July 24, 2018 at 23:06 Posted in Before the wedding 0 12
Hey everyone. Did you do a first touch? If so what are your thoughts and how did it work? Our photographer is recommending first look but we want our first time seeing each other down the aisle but need to maximize picture time and still want a special moment.

12 Comments

Latest activity by Breanne, on July 31, 2018 at 13:45
  • Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love this idea and plan on doing it for sure. Neither of us want to do a first look but love the idea of 'connecting' on the big day. We each plan on writing a short little love note and passing it around the door/wall and then a few shots holding hands.

We're both getting ready at the same hotel, so the day before when I arrive I'll be scouting a place where it will work best. My thought is it's best if I'm in place first and then he can come to me (it's a lot harder to move stealthy/inconspicuously in a wedding dress).

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am not sure if we will do early but my cousin did this and the pictures turned out phenomenal.

• Julia
    Frequent user June 2019 Alberta
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes, we are getting ready in a cabin at our venue, I think we are going to do it just after we finish getting ready at the main door with our photographer on the inside, that way we get to see the beautiful background as well

• Natasha
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love this idea. Where will you do this?? At the venue
  • Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Such a sweet idea!! I love this! Smiley heart

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is what I want to do because I can get some emotions out (there will be plenty at the ceremony still) but I want the first time to see him when I walk down the aisle.

• Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'd honestly never heard of a First touch. You have a beautiful idea! Thank you for sharing.
  • Julia
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Aw well thanks, if you are planning on using that idea, make sure you talk to your photographer before and find a door at which he or she can stand to get both of you at the same time. that first initial moment I think is the most important and you want to make sure that you get both of you in the same shot

• Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Your idea is so sweet it brought tears to my eyes! How thoughtful!
  • Julia
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing something like that, we are going to give each other letters to read while on opposite sides of the door, and we are going to be reading them to ourselves while holding hands...well until I start to cry! then we will not be holding hands but napkins.

I think we may try and re-create the first look photo, but we are wanting it to ideally be real when he first sees me down the isle.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did it! I loved it. Got to chat a bit and hold hands. We also did a prayer. I’m excited to see the photos!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is what we will be doing. Instead of the first look because we want to save that moment for when I walk down the aisle. I think doing a first touch will do just the same as a first look in calming up and settling our emotions before the ceremony. It also makes the most adorable photos!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics